Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Mark Nadler on August 28, 2023, 05:40:06 pm

Title: Marsh Grass Calligraphy
Post by: Mark Nadler on August 28, 2023, 05:40:06 pm
Comments welcomed.

mark
Title: Re: Marsh Grass Calligraphy
Post by: David Eckels on August 28, 2023, 07:18:55 pm
I love the simplicity of this and the background gradient
Title: Re: Marsh Grass Calligraphy
Post by: Leszek Piotrowski on August 28, 2023, 07:25:41 pm
Very, very nice,...

wishing for more crispness on the subject,

lovely
Title: Re: Marsh Grass Calligraphy
Post by: Mark Nadler on August 28, 2023, 08:44:10 pm
David and Leszek, thanks for your kind comments.

So, Leszek, here's the story of why it's not crisp.  I like to shoot with an older Nikon macro lens (200 mm micro lens) first produced I believe in the late 1990s.  While it is spectacular for still photography, it is challenging to use for "stuff" that is moving.  I fell in love with the "calligraphic-like" patterns the grasses were forming due to the wind.  The image I posted was the one I liked best even though as you pointed out it is not as sharp as I would have liked it to be.  I will try to return to this subject matter. 

Mark
Title: Re: Marsh Grass Calligraphy
Post by: francois on August 29, 2023, 05:44:31 am
Clean! "Calligraphic-like" is an excellent description for this stunning shot.
Well done.
Title: Re: Marsh Grass Calligraphy
Post by: Bob_B on August 29, 2023, 08:31:27 am
Well captured, well titled!
Title: Re: Marsh Grass Calligraphy
Post by: Leszek Piotrowski on August 29, 2023, 03:54:19 pm
Mark, it is still very beautiful.

Slight subject movement using ones special lens, (in my case Zeiss Milvus 135mm F2), but in your case that lens captured some wonderful, simple light.

Thanks
Title: Re: Marsh Grass Calligraphy
Post by: Mark Nadler on September 03, 2023, 12:15:21 pm
Thanks, Leszek.

mark