Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: armand on August 24, 2023, 11:30:08 pm

Title: Progression
Post by: armand on August 24, 2023, 11:30:08 pm
Few selections from a sunset progression, Rocky Mountain National Park
Title: Re: Progression
Post by: armand on August 24, 2023, 11:30:47 pm
continued
Title: Re: Progression
Post by: francois on August 25, 2023, 05:08:30 am
Mountains and fog, a magical couple. The light is sumptuous!
Well done, Armand.
Title: Re: Progression
Post by: David Eckels on August 25, 2023, 11:52:35 am
Excellent series!
Title: Re: Progression
Post by: armand on August 26, 2023, 10:46:09 am
Thank you Francois and David!
Title: Re: Progression
Post by: armand on August 28, 2023, 11:31:27 pm
a couple of days later I got to experience this sunset sequence
Title: Re: Progression
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 29, 2023, 04:16:56 am
Nice light and locations, well done.
Title: Re: Progression
Post by: MattBurt on August 30, 2023, 12:58:08 pm
All are really nice. Looks like you got some great conditions and executed the photos perfectly!
Title: Re: Progression
Post by: armand on August 31, 2023, 10:38:17 pm
Nice light and locations, well done.

Thank you Paulo!

All are really nice. Looks like you got some great conditions and executed the photos perfectly!

Thank you Matt!
This is my third visit to the Rocky Mountain NP and it helps to have some idea of where the things are along with some luck.
For the second progression I had almost 2 sunsets, as sun was reflecting in the clouds both west and east, see attached

Title: Re: Progression
Post by: francois on September 01, 2023, 04:14:10 am
What a nice serie. Rocky Mountains NP is a wonderful park. Maybe initially not as spectacular as Yellowstone and some other places but there's beauty everywhere.
Well done.
Title: Re: Progression
Post by: MattBurt on September 01, 2023, 01:32:22 pm
Thank you Paulo!

Thank you Matt!
This is my third visit to the Rocky Mountain NP and it helps to have some idea of where the things are along with some luck.
For the second progression I had almost 2 sunsets, as sun was reflecting in the clouds both west and east, see attached

Yeah that happens to me sometimes, I can't decide which way to face as it's going off in both directions. Not a bad problem to have, really.
I've only been to RMNP one time and it was for a work retreat before I had a decent digital camera (and didn't bring the film camera). I should probably get back there sometime but it is a bit of a trek from my part of the state.
Title: Re: Progression
Post by: armand on September 01, 2023, 11:21:40 pm
Yeah that happens to me sometimes, I can't decide which way to face as it's going off in both directions. Not a bad problem to have, really.
I've only been to RMNP one time and it was for a work retreat before I had a decent digital camera (and didn't bring the film camera). I should probably get back there sometime but it is a bit of a trek from my part of the state.

While I'm sure you have plenty of somehow similar scenery around you, I'm visiting from Michigan so quite a way farther than you  ;)