Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Mark Nadler on August 17, 2023, 02:42:24 am

Title: Lake Erie Sunset
Post by: Mark Nadler on August 17, 2023, 02:42:24 am
Comments welcomed.

Mark
Title: Re: Lake Erie Sunset
Post by: Jonathan Cross on August 17, 2023, 05:48:58 am
Excellent!  Love the simplicity, colours and horizontal layers all lined up.  Could have that one on the wall.

Jonathan

Title: Re: Lake Erie Sunset
Post by: kers on August 17, 2023, 10:31:10 am
+1 japanese!

would remove the bird to make it fully abstract
Title: Re: Lake Erie Sunset
Post by: Mark Nadler on August 17, 2023, 08:00:47 pm
Jonathan, thanks for your kind comment.  Yeah, it is its simplicity that also attracted me. 

kers, do you mean to tell me that you don't like birds swimming towards a sunset?  I surely don't.  I'm embarrassed to say I missed it.  I'll remove it and repost the image.  I'm with you in making the image more abstract.

mark
Title: Re: Lake Erie Sunset
Post by: David Eckels on August 18, 2023, 09:55:30 am
Lovely.
I think you need the silhouette of a small flying bird in the middle of the sun  ;) ;D
Really, a lovely composition; colors, wow!
Title: Re: Lake Erie Sunset
Post by: petermfiore on August 18, 2023, 11:48:27 am
+1 japanese!

would remove the bird to make it fully abstract

It's a sun set over a body of water. With or without the bird. Nothing abstract about it. It's minimal.
Title: Re: Lake Erie Sunset
Post by: Mark Nadler on August 18, 2023, 09:37:12 pm
David, thank you for your comment.

petermfiore, you are correct.

mark
Title: Re: Lake Erie Sunset
Post by: francois on August 19, 2023, 10:34:11 am
Simple, elegant and effective... This is a beauty.
Title: Re: Lake Erie Sunset
Post by: Leszek Piotrowski on August 19, 2023, 07:58:54 pm
That is a wonderful image you captured.
Being some 2.5 hrs NE of where I think you were,... makes me appreciate,... how much one should venture afoot to capture something as you have.

thanks.
Title: Re: Lake Erie Sunset
Post by: Mark Nadler on August 20, 2023, 12:21:54 pm
francois, thank you for your kind comments.

Leszek, you're right about being "afoot" to capture this image.  There's obviously an element of luck in coming across a scene like this.  More than half of whatever quality I achieve in my art is just being present with a camera in hand. 

mark