Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Michael West on August 16, 2023, 10:39:25 pm

Title: standard issue bicycle
Post by: Michael West on August 16, 2023, 10:39:25 pm
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53122294668_06dd02ea37_c.jpg)
Title: Re: standard issue bicycle
Post by: francois on August 19, 2023, 10:38:00 am
There was a time when all bicycles were that simple and elegant.
Well seen!
Title: Re: standard issue bicycle
Post by: Michael West on August 19, 2023, 12:35:44 pm
There was a time when all bicycles were that simple and elegant.
Well seen!

Thank you.
Title: Re: standard issue bicycle
Post by: MattBurt on August 23, 2023, 06:55:05 pm
I like the contrast. And bikes. Good shot.
Title: Re: standard issue bicycle
Post by: Mark Nadler on August 27, 2023, 07:36:57 pm
I also like this image.

mark
Title: Re: standard issue bicycle
Post by: Michael West on August 28, 2023, 12:07:00 am
I also like this image.

mark

Tthank you gentlemen!
Title: Re: standard issue bicycle
Post by: Michael West on August 28, 2023, 12:14:44 am
I like the contrast. And bikes. Good shot.


I live in Bike Crazy Fairfax CA


The founder of the Bike museum here ...  marin museum and mountain bike hall of fame (https://mmbhof.org) saw a bunch of my bike photos on the local Facebook page. and wants a gaggle .




(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53147205923_fcef12c4b9_c.jpg)
Title: Re: standard issue bicycle
Post by: MattBurt on August 28, 2023, 04:26:15 pm

I live in Bike Crazy Fairfax CA


The founder of the Bike museum here ...  marin museum and mountain bike hall of fame (https://mmbhof.org) saw a bunch of my bike photos on the local Facebook page. and wants a gaggle .

Excellent!


Title: Re: standard issue bicycle
Post by: Michael West on August 28, 2023, 08:11:51 pm


the guy's  wife. has a matching RED bicycle and they can often  be seen riding together 
Title: Re: standard issue bicycle
Post by: francois on August 29, 2023, 05:46:15 am
Incredible bicycle! The triangulation is almost a mathematical thing.
Title: Re: standard issue bicycle
Post by: Michael West on August 29, 2023, 11:44:03 pm
Incredible bicycle! The triangulation is almost a mathematical thing.

im going to have to find the images of the couple. riding the otherwise perfectly matching red ..and blue bikes and post them here.

Title: Re: standard issue bicycle
Post by: francois on August 30, 2023, 04:58:35 am
im going to have to find the images of the couple. riding the otherwise perfectly matching red ..and blue bikes and post them here.

It would be super-nice!
Title: Re: standard issue bicycle
Post by: Michael West on August 30, 2023, 07:20:54 pm
It would be super-nice!

the next step will likely be replacing the background in this image..or not



(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53153736609_a104ee3e99_b.jpg)
Title: Re: standard issue bicycle
Post by: francois on August 31, 2023, 02:54:26 am
Absolutely stunning! Now, if they had synchronized their respective pedal stroke... The bicycle's frames are really identical but I notice that the derailleurs are different and the brake pads also. The woman's brake pads (CoolStops?) are coordinated with the frame color and her shirt - well done Lady!

As for changing the background, I like it as it is but maybe try to slightly lower the saturation of the brightest colors.

Bravo, perfectly timed.
Title: Re: standard issue bicycle
Post by: Michael West on August 31, 2023, 10:38:30 am
Absolutely stunning! Now, if they had synchronized their respective pedal stroke... The bicycle's frames are really identical but I notice that the derailleurs are different and the brake pads also. The woman's brake pads (CoolStops?) are coordinated with the frame color and her shirt - well done Lady!

As for changing the background, I like it as it is but maybe try to slightly lower the saturation of the brightest colors.

Bravo, perfectly timed.

I sense I became overly concerned about isolating the riders  . Thank you.


the red sweater should never have nee as saturated as the metallic red on the bicycle....I sense that it lent a sense of unreality to the image


(https://cdn.myportfolio.com/fe712f5a-d05c-4499-ba35-2d0309bc5c6c/55712a93-fb60-4cb3-9b30-b9353091479f_rw_1920.jpg?h=553e41af0903062ca1e63db31e10f36c)