Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: chipphoto on August 15, 2023, 01:55:21 am
-
I have been using this printer for about 6 years with no issues and it prints beautifully. In the past day it took one hour to print a 13 X 18 ABW image and a color image stopped about half way thru after 2 hours. A few days ago all printing was fine.I have a Mac M1 Max laptop running 13.4.1 and made no changes to any print settings.I print 2880 Super Photo,finest detail, slow speed ,360ppi.Epson sent me info that did not help.I did a head cleaning and alignment and the print head acted normally.The print head is moving erratically, it moves across the sheet and stops for a long time 4 to more than 30 seconds ,it does not go back and forth. When I did the alignment the print head moved normally, so I don't believe it is damaged.Any help would be appreciated,Thank you.
-
Eliminate everything else by doing a test print from the Maintenance panel.
Then look at connectivity.
-
Yeah, what you've described seems like it's data starved. You don't mention if it's connected by USB, ethernet or WiFi but check or change.
-
Yeah this sounds like a connectivity/data rate issue. I would recommend turning it off and back on again and rebooting your computer too. If it's connected via ethernet it's possibly gone from 100mbit to 10mbit. I would try reconnecting or replacing the ethernet cable.