Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: David Eckels on August 12, 2023, 07:54:56 pm

Title: Another B/W experiment
Post by: David Eckels on August 12, 2023, 07:54:56 pm
Two realities
Title: Re: Another B/W experiment
Post by: Bob_B on August 13, 2023, 06:53:50 am
Evocative, and a bit disturbing.
Title: Re: Another B/W experiment
Post by: kers on August 13, 2023, 07:46:13 am
like it!
Title: Re: Another B/W experiment
Post by: francois on August 13, 2023, 09:44:53 am
Creepy, it looks like a marrow bone!
Title: Re: Another B/W experiment
Post by: David Eckels on August 13, 2023, 11:11:03 am
Bob, yes, I would hate to show it to one of my psychiatric colleagues! ;)
Pieter, thank you.
Francois, yes, you never know what the dogs may leave around ;)
Title: Re: Another B/W experiment
Post by: Mark Nadler on August 14, 2023, 03:55:46 pm
Given the images perspective, it looks more like a dinosaur bone.  I also like the image.

mark
Title: Re: Another B/W experiment
Post by: David Eckels on August 14, 2023, 06:29:34 pm
Thanks, Mark. I wish it was a dinosaur, but I'm afraid I'm the only one in sight!
Title: Re: Another B/W experiment
Post by: David Eckels on August 15, 2023, 12:25:57 am
Window on the World
Different. I like it, but would like to have C&C. Thanks in advance.
Title: Re: Another B/W experiment
Post by: francois on August 15, 2023, 06:34:36 am
I like it a lot but it's a bit edgy, just as the first one. The general mood (of both) is heavy, somber. The two very light rectangles (reflection?) really add some life and also fill the almost black bottom of the frame. There's some details in that black area but they are barely identifiable...
Well done again.
Title: Re: Another B/W experiment
Post by: David Eckels on August 15, 2023, 12:40:57 pm
Thanks Francois. You were picking up what I was hoping. Something there in the darkness, but not quite sure what it is.

Maybe this one, the last one (!) is a bit lighter ;D Similar approach, different subject.
Title: Re: Another B/W experiment
Post by: francois on August 19, 2023, 10:52:52 am
I like this one too. The lack of visible (or easily visible) man-made element makes it less spooky than the previous one.
Well done again, for this one and the two previous images.
Title: Re: Another B/W experiment
Post by: David Eckels on August 19, 2023, 07:20:01 pm
Thanks for your comments Francois. They were very helpful and let me know I was eliciting the "air" I intended.