Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Coke on January 18, 2007, 07:34:23 pm

Title: Three men and a view of the bay
Post by: Coke on January 18, 2007, 07:34:23 pm
Visiting my aunt in San Franciso I was able to visit the newly opened
De Young museum in the Golden Gate Park. This is a picture I took
from the museum tower view platform with an IXUS 30.

The people were moving in front of the windows so I had to wait a bit
until I had what I hoped would be some sort of a good pose with their
profile.

I personaly like the image but I feel that sth is missing. I'm hoping for
your honest critique.

Title: Three men and a view of the bay
Post by: Ben Rubinstein on January 20, 2007, 03:40:43 pm
Well I've cropped out all the empty space above their heads and corrected the distortion/horizon, still find the grill above their heads to detract from the image enough that I wouldn't consider it a keeper, it's too busy, too 'enclosing'.
Title: Three men and a view of the bay
Post by: Coke on January 20, 2007, 07:21:23 pm
Quote
Well I've cropped out all the empty space above their heads and corrected the distortion/horizon, still find the grill above their heads to detract from the image enough that I wouldn't consider it a keeper, it's too busy, too 'enclosing'.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=96761\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you for the reply! The distortion really had to be removed.
You're not the only one who suggested to remove the top area.
But without it busyness of the houses seems to take over completely
which is kind of a dilemma.  
Title: Three men and a view of the bay
Post by: Pandybelly on January 25, 2007, 01:52:30 pm
Hi,

How about a crop and remove the 3rd party?  I just think 3 is a crowd.
Maybe not a good idea if they are friends of yours