Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: cyruspy on August 07, 2023, 02:03:04 pm
-
Hello!,
I would like to add custom papers to my Z3100 (no HP media availble nearby, so need to use "paper not in the list"). Following the documentation from HP, it should "just" require selecting "Add new paper" in the HP Utility, but I cannot find any option like that.
I can create profiles, but I cannot add paper types.
Am I doing something wrong?, can anybody confirm how do you maintain your paper list?
HP Documentation: https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c00807417
-
I think you add a paper preset and then create a profile for that preset.
-
i do it from the HP utilitity application - it is easy if you know how to do it- like with many things in life..:)
you can find the app on a mac in system-preferences- printers- HP-z3100-
step 1
then open it and follow step 2-4
you start with setting the requirements of the paper by copying a preset ( take a note in case you forget) .... press the + sign below
you give the paper a name - step4
then calibrate the paperfeed - from the printer menu .
calibrate the color - from the HPutility or the printer menu...... press the other sign below ( step 3)
and make a basic profile from the HPutility ..... press the other sign below ( step 3)
ready
see the images
-
there's no "add paper" in the Windows version. in the end, adding preset also creates a new paper type, go figure
now I need to find out how to delete the papers and presets I created by mistake while testing.
any hints?
-
there is a limit - you can remove papertypes by clicking the wheel pictogram