Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: RMW on August 01, 2023, 10:49:49 am
-
How to choose out images from a memory card?
What was working before isn't working now.
I have a memory card in a dongle plugged into my iMac M1. Until now I could scroll down the images while holding down the shift key and clicking on the ones I wanted to choose to copy. Then I could put the copied images in a separate folder by clicking on "Paste". But now the choices on the dropdown menu don't include "Copy".
I don't why. And I'm wondering if there's a better way to sort thru the memory card images.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Richard
-
I have a memory card in a dongle plugged into my iMac M1. Until now I could scroll down the images while holding down the shift key and clicking on the ones I wanted to choose to copy. Then I could put the copied images in a separate folder by clicking on "Paste". But now the choices on the dropdown menu don't include "Copy".
I don't why. And I'm wondering if there's a better way to sort thru the memory card images.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Richard
On my M1 iMac, I open the folder in Finder. I then scroll through the images and hold the command button down and left side mouse click on each of the ones I want to highlight them. When I have finished, I press command and c together to copy, go to the destination folder and click command and v together to paste.
Does this work?
Jonathan
-
Hello Jonathon,
Many thanks for your assistance. Your process works to a "T".
I'm very appreciative.
Richard
-
I import the lot to the computer and then go through them.
Then format the card.
Never delete images on a card.
-
Hi Bob,
Interesting what you say about deleting images on a card. Does it damage the card?
Richard
-
I import the lot to the computer and then go through them.
Then format the card.
Never delete images on a card.
Hello Bob,
Your 2nd and 3rd lines seem contradictory as formatting a card will delete everything on it!. Did you mean never delete images on a card before importing them all to the computer?
Jonathan
-
Hello Jonathon,
Many thanks for your assistance. Your process works to a "T".
I'm very appreciative.
Richard
Glad to be of assistance!
Best wishes,
Jonathan
-
Hi Bob,
Interesting what you say about deleting images on a card. Does it damage the card?
Richard
It can, and Jonathon I meant never delete images on a card while in the camera as it can corrupt the card.
It usually won't but it can. It has happened to me.
There used to be a warning on the Sandisk site but now that it is Western Digital it seems to be gone.
Basically when you delete an image in the middle of a card it leaves a hole. If the next image is a different size, and they all are, the card is fragmented to some extent which will at best slow the card down.
I shoot to both cards and take one out to put in the computer so there is always another copy.