Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: armand on July 26, 2023, 10:50:04 pm

Title: Parang Mtns
Post by: armand on July 26, 2023, 10:50:04 pm
A hike in Parang Mountains, Romania which happened to be covered (literally) in rhododendrons in bloom (Rhododendron myrtifolium)
Title: Re: Parang Mtns
Post by: francois on July 27, 2023, 02:18:59 am
Great colors in those mountains. I love the fog in #1 but my favorite is #3 (well, almost a tie with #1).
Well done.
Title: Re: Parang Mtns
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 27, 2023, 03:02:32 am
Great location.
Title: Re: Parang Mtns
Post by: MattBurt on July 27, 2023, 03:40:41 pm
Beautiful and nicely done. I like the first the best I think but they are all good.
Title: Re: Parang Mtns
Post by: armand on July 27, 2023, 03:50:19 pm
Thank you Francois, Paulo and Matt!

Few more mostly foggy. The most difficult part was trying to decide what not to photograph as I had to still hike and keep up with the others, yet I could find something of interest every few meters.
Title: Re: Parang Mtns
Post by: francois on July 28, 2023, 01:50:58 am
Really nice shots... Yes, I fully understand the issue about deciding what not to photograph. Also, hiking with non-photographers can be interesting for both parties  :D
Title: Re: Parang Mtns
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on July 28, 2023, 05:35:16 am
Sweet set. #3 is my pick followed closely by #1.
Title: Re: Parang Mtns
Post by: Bob_B on July 28, 2023, 07:32:39 am
Well done! My eyes are drawn to #3 in the first group, but the photos with foggy scenes sure are nice.
Title: Re: Parang Mtns
Post by: armand on July 28, 2023, 10:22:36 pm
Thank you Francois, Rajan and Bob!

Really nice shots... Yes, I fully understand the issue about deciding what not to photograph. Also, hiking with non-photographers can be interesting for both parties  :D
I almost never hike with a photographer so it can be painful for both parties. At least my dogs learnt that when I tell them to wait it's time for a photo and they mostly oblige.