Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: dreed on July 24, 2023, 07:54:44 am
-
It will be interesting to see if this influences the way digital cameras (ie. their sensors) are made.
https://interestingengineering.com/science/100-year-old-math-error-theory-color-perception
-
I agree; it will be interesting to see if this influences how digital cameras are made. The current mathematical model for color perception is based on Riemannian geometry, which overestimates the perception of significant color differences. Digital cameras may overestimate color differences, leading to inaccurate color reproduction.
-
I agree; it will be interesting to see if this influences how digital cameras are made.
These insights are very interesting, but I doubt they would change much for us photographers in practice : the part that we use most of that theory is the one about small to negligible differences, to get an efficient image compression, and it's the part that actually works.
-
Not much of a new revelation:
http://www.colorwiki.com/wiki/Lab_is_warped