Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Paulo Bizarro on July 19, 2023, 06:10:20 am

Title: Some new photos using Voigtlaender's 35mm f/1.2 lens for Fuji X
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 19, 2023, 06:10:20 am
Basically as the title says:

https://blog.paulobizarro.com/?p=3511

There are several landscapes in there too:)

Regards.
Title: Re: Some new photos using Voigtlaender's 35mm f/1.2 lens for Fuji X
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on July 19, 2023, 11:38:42 am
The second and fourth images are lovely.
Title: Re: Some new photos using Voigtlaender's 35mm f/1.2 lens for Fuji X
Post by: RMW on July 19, 2023, 11:55:44 am
Agree with Rajan.
For me 2 and 4 are really good.
Can't help wondering if 2 isn't the smoke from Canadian forest fires.
Title: Re: Some new photos using Voigtlaender's 35mm f/1.2 lens for Fuji X
Post by: Jonathan Cross on July 19, 2023, 01:08:10 pm
Hello Paulo,
Thanks for this. I have the Fuji 35mm f2 which I use mainly on an X-E4 and occasionally on an X-T4. I love it. I wonder if you have used the Fuji and can compare the two. Is the extra aperture a real plus on the manual lens?

Best wishes,
Jonathan
Title: Re: Some new photos using Voigtlaender's 35mm f/1.2 lens for Fuji X
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 19, 2023, 01:51:33 pm
The second and fourth images are lovely.

Thanks Rajan.
Title: Re: Some new photos using Voigtlaender's 35mm f/1.2 lens for Fuji X
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 19, 2023, 01:52:44 pm
Agree with Rajan.
For me 2 and 4 are really good.
Can't help wondering if 2 isn't the smoke from Canadian forest fires.

Thanks. Actually it is not, we had it about 2-3 weeks ago, but it has since disappeared. That is just normal clouds.
Title: Re: Some new photos using Voigtlaender's 35mm f/1.2 lens for Fuji X
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 19, 2023, 01:57:47 pm
Hello Paulo,
Thanks for this. I have the Fuji 35mm f2 which I use mainly on an X-E4 and occasionally on an X-T4. I love it. I wonder if you have used the Fuji and can compare the two. Is the extra aperture a real plus on the manual lens?

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan. I have used the Fujis 35 f/1.4 and f/2 in the past, and they were (are) very good lenses. My preference goes to true MF lenses for the photos that I take, hence the Voigtlaender. I do like the "double personality" of the lens between wide-open or near wide-open and stopped down, so I guess the extra aperture is a plus for me. Voigtlaender also have a 35 f/2 macro and a 35 f/0.9 for Fuji X. Not sure about the macro, but I suspect it will be corrected at f/2. As for the 0.9 one, it has just been released, so the jury is still out. But this lens is a lot larger and heavier, compared to the tiny f/1.2.
Title: Re: Some new photos using Voigtlaender's 35mm f/1.2 lens for Fuji X
Post by: Bob_B on July 19, 2023, 03:45:23 pm
I'm partial to the 4th. (Also, kudos on a great review of the lens on your blog.)
Title: Re: Some new photos using Voigtlaender's 35mm f/1.2 lens for Fuji X
Post by: armand on July 19, 2023, 08:06:12 pm
The second and fourth images are lovely.

+1

Seems like a very nice lens. I have the Fuji 35 F2 and 35 F1.4, and while I don't care much about the F2 one I love the 35 F1.4 and I don't see it being replaced even with temptations like your post.
Title: Re: Some new photos using Voigtlaender's 35mm f/1.2 lens for Fuji X
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 20, 2023, 03:11:38 am
+1

Seems like a very nice lens. I have the Fuji 35 F2 and 35 F1.4, and while I don't care much about the F2 one I love the 35 F1.4 and I don't see it being replaced even with temptations like your post.

Thank you.
Title: Re: Some new photos using Voigtlaender's 35mm f/1.2 lens for Fuji X
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 20, 2023, 03:11:56 am
I'm partial to the 4th. (Also, kudos on a great review of the lens on your blog.)

Thanks Bob.
Title: Re: Some new photos using Voigtlaender's 35mm f/1.2 lens for Fuji X
Post by: Mark Nadler on July 20, 2023, 04:44:02 am
What motivated you to buy this particular lens?  I am looking at Voigtlaender lenses for my Nikon 850.  I am just curious.

mark
Title: Re: Some new photos using Voigtlaender's 35mm f/1.2 lens for Fuji X
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 21, 2023, 03:39:29 am
What motivated you to buy this particular lens?  I am looking at Voigtlaender lenses for my Nikon 850.  I am just curious.

mark

Mostly it was the combination of MF, small size, fast aperture, well built, and angle of view. Plus the dual-behavior between wide-open and stopped down.
Title: Re: Some new photos using Voigtlaender's 35mm f/1.2 lens for Fuji X
Post by: kers on July 21, 2023, 04:27:34 am
Lke the sea image a lot.
You can see even presented low pixel, that this lens is of very good quality. Colors are beautiful and intense.
Title: Re: Some new photos using Voigtlaender's 35mm f/1.2 lens for Fuji X
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 21, 2023, 12:19:10 pm
Lke the sea image a lot.
You can see even presented low pixel, that this lens is of very good quality. Colors are beautiful and intense.

Thank you Kers.
Title: Re: Some new photos using Voigtlaender's 35mm f/1.2 lens for Fuji X
Post by: thierrylegros396 on July 24, 2023, 12:55:31 pm
The second and fourth images are lovely.

+1

Thierry