Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: pkkelly on July 15, 2023, 08:01:00 am

Title: Pro 1000 manual feed
Post by: pkkelly on July 15, 2023, 08:01:00 am
Greetings, All. Has anyone had problems with the rear manual feed on the Canon Pro 1000? Mine has suddenly stopped recognizing any paper I try to feed. No noise or attempt to grab the paper. Is there hope for a fix here? Thanks in advance.
Title: Re: Pro 1000 manual feed
Post by: Simon J.A. Simpson on July 15, 2023, 10:26:26 am
I had a similar problem with a PRO-1 which was eventually resolved by updating the printer driver.
Title: Re: Pro 1000 manual feed
Post by: pkkelly on July 15, 2023, 12:20:08 pm
I'll try that. Thanks!
Title: Re: Pro 1000 manual feed
Post by: pkkelly on July 15, 2023, 10:56:30 pm
It didn't help. My firmware is up to date so I uninstalled & reinstalled the driver. It didn't fix it. Will Canon be of any help here? The printer is long out of warranty.
Title: Re: Pro 1000 manual feed
Post by: Simon J.A. Simpson on July 16, 2023, 09:20:20 am
Canon support should be able to help, even if it is out of warranty.  Best give them a call.
Title: Re: Pro 1000 manual feed
Post by: pkkelly on July 16, 2023, 12:31:01 pm
I'll try it & let you know.