Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Mark Nadler on June 30, 2023, 11:49:48 pm

Title: Sweet Acacia
Post by: Mark Nadler on June 30, 2023, 11:49:48 pm
Comments welcomed.  Taken with a 24mm tilt shift lens.  I want to try this image again taking in the entire tree.  I ran out of space to set up my tripod.

Mark
Title: Re: Sweet Acacia
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 01, 2023, 07:35:31 am
With a T/S lens, you could have taken three exposures: shifted left, center, shifted right, to get a perfect panorama.
Title: Re: Sweet Acacia
Post by: Mark Nadler on July 01, 2023, 04:46:40 pm
Slobodan, thanks for your suggestion.  I only shifted the lens up.  I will definitely follow your suggestion.

mark
Title: Re: Sweet Acacia
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 03, 2023, 09:35:11 am
This is nice, but I am also eager to see the next version.
Title: Re: Sweet Acacia
Post by: Leszek Piotrowski on August 19, 2023, 07:46:56 pm

Yes,, humbly me as well..
Title: Re: Sweet Acacia
Post by: Mark Nadler on August 20, 2023, 12:29:01 pm
Leszek, so am I.  I took this picture in Hawaii.  I am now back in Ohio.  I plan on returning to Hawaii next summer.  Fortunately, this tree isn't going anywhere.  I will try this image again.  I can kick myself you know where for not taking the image I wanted the first time.  This is an example of where I knew the pic I wanted but just didn't do it.

mark
Title: Re: Sweet Acacia
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 20, 2023, 01:01:35 pm
Slobodan, thanks for your suggestion.  I only shifted the lens up.  I will definitely follow your suggestion.

mark

You can still do that too, i.e., shift it left, right, up and down, and even up left, up right, etc.... for the total of nine shots (eight shifted and one in the center).

This is an interior image, but you get the idea:
Title: Re: Sweet Acacia
Post by: Leszek Piotrowski on August 20, 2023, 08:38:14 pm
Mark,... just came back from Oahu,..

I know your "pain"...,  trusting you get back before I do.


That tree does indeed, need special treatment, given what has happened on Lahaiana.

Leszek