Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: Mike Raub on June 21, 2023, 10:27:27 pm
-
I have an X-rite Colormunki calibration puck. From what I have learned from web searches is that I should be able to upgrade the current Calibrite software to work with this puck for $10. If this is so, I can't find a place on the Calibrite website to purchase this upgrade. It is hidden better than a mall bathroom.
If this upgrade is possible, can someone please tell me where I can find it.
Thanks.
-
X-Rite must be the most annoying company on earth. Every couple of years they change the shape or the color of their tools and call them something different. Colormunki Photo and Display seem to be now paired with ccStudio per this page:
https://calibrite.com/us/software-downloads/
Which could be the same as the what was called i1Studio. From the looks of it, it does not require an upgrade, just download and use like the i1Studio - which I have and I still have to go back to the original Colormunki software for certain things.
For Colormunki Display, there also seems to be upgradable Calibrate PROFILER software (the 1st item on top) doing a bunch of other things.
:Niranjan.
-
I also have an X-Rite ColorMunki Display colorimeter. FWIW, I found that the latest version of the X-Rite i1Studio software (1.5.1) is available for free and seems to work slightly better than the dedicated ColorMunki Display software (the latest version of which is maybe 1.1.2 or 1.2.4?).
Calibrite also offers newer software, basically a version of the X-Rite i1Studio software, for free, and it works with the ColorMunki Display. However, the Calibrite software actually seems to lack a feature or two from the older X-Rite i1Studio software (like the option to correct for ambient light reflecting off the monitor). I uninstalled he newer Calibrite software (specifically, Calibrite ccStudio 1.1.2) and reinstalled the older X-Rite i1Studio software.
-
The “feature” to to correct for ambient light reflecting off the display was useless.
-
Over a year since this post but I wanted to add to if for two reasons. Firstly, it helped me enormously when my trusty Colormunki Photo calibrator started giving awful profiles yesterday.
Secondly, to be clear, yes Calibrite or whatever they are called this week, are rubbish. However, thanks to the LL forum, I downloaded the latest software and my new profile for my laptop is fabulous.
Thanks to all, Andrew, agree totally about the ambient light thing, pointless...1
Steve
-
Is anyone in this thread using the ColorMunki Photo to create custom ICC profiles for their printers? Curious which software package you're using. TIA
-
Yes, the OEM (iStudio in my case) is ok. ArgyllCMS requires more work but has a lot of versatility. In my experience both gave better results than Canon's Pro-10 profiles on Canon's "premium" papers.