Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: [email protected] on June 18, 2023, 10:50:37 am

Title: Printing BW Color Profiles
Post by: [email protected] on June 18, 2023, 10:50:37 am
Hello

I use CaptureOne 21 on Mac Studio with macOS Ventura.
I print on Epson printer SC P800.
I created two black and white prints of the same photo on Hahnemühle PhotoRag Metallic 340 g/sqm.
In CaptureOne, I used two alternatives for color profiles.

a) Manage via printer.

b) With paper profile HFA_EpsSC-P800_PK_PRMetallic.icc.

I and others think that the expression b) has a slight color cast.

How can that be?

Jochen
Title: Re: Printing BW Color Profiles
Post by: digitaldog on June 18, 2023, 08:24:19 pm
It is the profile (and they are really designed for color work). If you want dead nuts neutral, look into using Epson Print Layout (free) and skip the profiles.
Title: Re: Printing BW Color Profiles
Post by: spassig on June 19, 2023, 06:27:02 am
It is the profile (and they are really designed for color work). If you want dead nuts neutral, look into using Epson Print Layout (free) and skip the profiles.
@Andrew
Thanks for quick and helpful feedback.
I installed Epson Print Layout.
I will check whether the use offers advantages over the printout directly from CaptureOne.

At the moment, I only see the disadvantage that I first have to export the image from CO and then insert it into EPL.

Do you see advantages?

Jochen