Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: armand on June 08, 2023, 12:32:06 pm

Title: Noise reduction
Post by: armand on June 08, 2023, 12:32:06 pm
Just took a quick shot at the Lightroom AI noise reduction, in comparison with the Topaz (last version I think) that I have. Left is LR, right is Topaz. Bottom is LR is usual post processing.

Source image is a O-M1 file ISO 2500 with a touch of motion blur.

Still waiting for a sale on the PhotoLab 6 so I could try the DeepPrime also.
Title: Re: Noise reduction
Post by: David Eckels on June 08, 2023, 02:49:15 pm
In this comparison the LR side is much superior. But have you fiddled with Topaz Photo AI? I have found it quite good. I do like the new LR AI NR for certain images, but I mostly use it to reduce "graininess" in them, then a sharpen in Topaz PAI or Smart sharpen.