Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Mark Nadler on June 03, 2023, 01:27:17 pm

Title: Idyllic River Scene
Post by: Mark Nadler on June 03, 2023, 01:27:17 pm
I found this scene so idyllic that I had to capture it.  It reminds me of British river landscapes.

Mark
Title: Re: Idyllic River Scene
Post by: kers on June 03, 2023, 04:11:17 pm
Looks very relaxing and peaceful.
Title: Re: Idyllic River Scene
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on June 03, 2023, 04:17:15 pm
Yes, reminds me of a Constable painting, the subject, the colours and the rural tranquillity of it.

Don't know if I wouldn't be tempted to crop a bit off the top sky, just to make it balance a little more with the depth of the foreground. But other than that tiny nit-pick, yes very peaceful and idyllic  :)

UPDATE - no, I have looked at it again and now I like the depth of the sky. So as I believe our American friends would say "Go figure?"

Great shot.

Dave
Title: Re: Idyllic River Scene
Post by: Mark Nadler on June 03, 2023, 06:22:20 pm
kers, thank you for your comment.

Dave, I played with different crops and this one worked best.  Your comment on how cropping the sky changes the image is right on.  This type of scene to maintain its effects has to be a bit distant from the viewer. 

mark
Title: Re: Idyllic River Scene
Post by: Bob_B on June 04, 2023, 06:49:21 am
Yes, reminds me of a Constable painting, the subject, the colours and the rural tranquillity of it.

100% agree.
Title: Re: Idyllic River Scene
Post by: francois on June 05, 2023, 04:32:13 am
100% agree.

I also agree, this was my first thought.
Title: Re: Idyllic River Scene
Post by: MattBurt on June 05, 2023, 11:36:28 am
Yes, I like the painterly effect as well. Nice.
Title: Re: Idyllic River Scene
Post by: Mark Nadler on June 06, 2023, 03:02:36 am
MattBurt, francois, and Bob_B thanks for commenting.

mark
Title: Re: Idyllic River Scene
Post by: Bozzdivine on June 06, 2023, 03:59:06 am
This picture reminds me of the place I grew up in. It's so relaxing and peaceful. Thanks!
Title: Re: Idyllic River Scene
Post by: Mark Nadler on June 07, 2023, 02:32:17 am
Bozzdivine, may I ask where you grew up?  This scene -- I believe -- is from southeast Ohio.  I don't remember the exact location.

mark