Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mdijb on January 17, 2007, 06:21:41 pm
-
I am having a lot of trouble with my 7600 and A CIS from mediastreet using their inks after 2-1/2 good years. Does anyone have experience with this sytem long term?
The repairs are at the level that getting a new printer might be more cost effective--Any suggestions?
-
Almost all of my problems stopped when I quit using MediaStreet inks, let me guess, the yellow is permanently clogged? The Image Specialists inks have been working very well for me. Sorry I can't help more.
(if not yellow then probably light magenta would be my next guess)
-
The yellow is fine, it's the magenta that is completely missing.
Thanks for your reply. I have been polling other sources also and the feedback
i have
received indicates that there has been an increase in the head clogging dept.
with ALL the
third part inks recently, not just mediastreet.
The service tech has replaced the head twice, due a defective one being shipped
by Epson,
but the problem now appears to be the main circuit board., that also needs
replacing
twice, again because Epson shipped a defective board--this is getting very
frustrating and
angering. The only positive will be that when all the repairs are completed, I
should have
a like-new machine that hopefully will last another 2-3 years. To help achieve
that goal I
have decided to return to using Epson ink--the prices have come down enough and
the
extra cost should be offset by the lack of service calls for the duration.