Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on April 24, 2023, 09:44:10 am

Title: Bud Light
Post by: Chris Calohan on April 24, 2023, 09:44:10 am
No beer today. The BG is my front yard. Shot with a Z7 II coupled to a 100-400 @280mm Z lens.
Title: Re: Bud Light
Post by: francois on April 24, 2023, 10:30:33 am
Very clean shot. I like it a lot. By the way, I like the title!
Title: Re: Bud Light
Post by: Frans Waterlander on April 24, 2023, 12:17:45 pm
Where's Dylan Mulvaney when you need him/her?
Title: Re: Bud Light
Post by: Chris Calohan on April 24, 2023, 03:00:53 pm
Very clean shot. I like it a lot. By the way, I like the title!

Would you change the framing? Some folks seem to think it needs less head room. My thinking was the bud was still growing, thus needed space.
Title: Re: Bud Light
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 24, 2023, 04:32:49 pm
Very clean shot. I like it a lot. By the way, I like the title!


+1

Perhaps a tad more space left and right?
Title: Re: Bud Light
Post by: David Eckels on April 24, 2023, 04:51:09 pm
Beautifully done. I like the idea of a little more space, too.
Title: Re: Bud Light
Post by: Bob_B on April 25, 2023, 07:06:06 am
Nice work! I like it just the way it is.
Title: Re: Bud Light
Post by: francois on April 25, 2023, 10:25:20 am
Would you change the framing? Some folks seem to think it needs less head room. My thinking was the bud was still growing, thus needed space.

I would leave the framing as it is. In my opinion, but it's just me, cropping the top of the frame would make the shot like there's no breathing room. The sides are already "tight" so having some room at the top counter-balance those sides.

Your thinking is just as valid, of course  :D