Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Arlen on April 15, 2023, 08:45:16 pm

Title: Eucalyptus
Post by: Arlen on April 15, 2023, 08:45:16 pm
Let's call this one an intimate landscape.


(https://pbase.com/art1/image/173544320/original.jpg)

Title: Re: Eucalyptus
Post by: francois on April 16, 2023, 12:44:10 pm
Elegant and subtle… I like it a lot.
Title: Re: Eucalyptus
Post by: Arlen on April 16, 2023, 04:58:55 pm
Thanks, Francois. I really appreciate your feedback.

Here's another one for consideration. Different tree, same idea.



(https://pbase.com/art1/image/173546498/original.jpg)

Title: Re: Eucalyptus
Post by: francois on April 17, 2023, 03:13:58 am
This one is also a beauty… flatter light, more metallic looking.
Well done.
Title: Re: Eucalyptus
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on April 17, 2023, 05:26:52 am
I prefer the second one, the tree looks more interesting, with more color and textures.
Title: Re: Eucalyptus
Post by: Bob_B on April 17, 2023, 07:04:02 am
I favor the second as well. In addition, I'd consider cropping tight to keep just the bark, no black edge.
Title: Re: Eucalyptus
Post by: Arlen on April 18, 2023, 05:41:38 pm
Thanks guys for all of your thoughts.
Title: Re: Eucalyptus
Post by: Leszek Piotrowski on April 19, 2023, 07:31:13 pm
For me,.. the first,.. with a touch of some "contrast" lime green on a few bark spots.
lovely all the same.  love the mystic of the tree presented.
Title: Re: Eucalyptus
Post by: Arlen on April 20, 2023, 03:46:28 pm
Thank you, Leszek.
Title: Re: Eucalyptus
Post by: Michael West on April 20, 2023, 11:13:42 pm
Thanks, Francois. I really appreciate your feedback.

Here's another one for consideration. Different tree, same idea.



(https://pbase.com/art1/image/173546498/original.jpg)

i like the color and light range in this one a lot
Title: Re: Eucalyptus
Post by: David Eckels on April 21, 2023, 12:41:46 am
Different tree, same idea.
Love the hues and tones.
Title: Re: Eucalyptus
Post by: Arlen on April 23, 2023, 12:05:44 am
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, David.
Title: Re: Eucalyptus
Post by: Mark Nadler on April 23, 2023, 03:31:41 pm
Arlen, I also like them.  My preference is 2+3.

mark
Title: Re: Eucalyptus
Post by: Arlen on April 25, 2023, 12:49:44 am
Thank you, Mark.
Title: Re: Eucalyptus
Post by: thierrylegros396 on May 07, 2023, 08:56:12 am
I prefer the second one, the tree looks more interesting, with more color and textures.

Me too.

Thierry
Title: Re: Eucalyptus
Post by: Arlen on May 07, 2023, 05:40:51 pm
Thanks for weighing in, Thierry.