Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Mark Nadler on April 15, 2023, 08:49:30 am

Title: Crushed
Post by: Mark Nadler on April 15, 2023, 08:49:30 am
This image was taken on the North Coast of Oahu.  Comments welcomed.

mark
Title: Re: Crushed
Post by: francois on April 15, 2023, 12:12:31 pm
Spectacular… Timing was perfect!
Bravo.
Title: Re: Crushed
Post by: Arlen on April 15, 2023, 09:06:51 pm
Spectacular… Timing was perfect!
Bravo.

Indeed. Perfect for both of you!
Title: Re: Crushed
Post by: Bob_B on April 16, 2023, 07:05:17 am
+1, perfectly timed
Title: Re: Crushed
Post by: Mark Nadler on April 17, 2023, 04:15:18 pm
Thanks all for your words.  I have been crushed twice by a mammoth wave -- scary as hell and no fun.  I have been in my subject's position many times just hoping to get under the oncoming beast.  If the wave isn't to large it can almost be fun to just relax and let your body be taken where the wave wants to take you. 

mark
Title: Re: Crushed
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on April 22, 2023, 08:00:30 am
This is almost Magritte level strange. Congrats.
Title: Re: Crushed
Post by: Mark Nadler on April 22, 2023, 01:54:15 pm
Rajan, thank you so much of reminding me of the painter Rene Magritte.  I have viewed most of his work.  I should have seen in this image a partial reach for what he tried to do but I did not.  Again, thanks for your comment.

mark