Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on March 24, 2023, 12:49:35 pm

Title: Something different
Post by: MattBurt on March 24, 2023, 12:49:35 pm
The little mountain next to town has enough snow to ski which usually only happens one or two winters a decade. I didn't think it was going to happen this year but it's been a snowy spring so far. Pretty fun to be able to go climb and ski a lap after work in the evening (round trip is about 2.5 Mi and 1000 vertical feet). Sometimes the skiing is pretty bad but last night was pretty nice!
If you have ever been to Gunnison, this is the one with the giant W on it.

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52767375251_fa32ed5771_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2ooSAgV)
Title: Re: Something different
Post by: Leszek Piotrowski on March 27, 2023, 04:39:21 pm
Matt,

Precious moments,.. captured and shared.

Thanks.
Title: Re: Something different
Post by: francois on March 28, 2023, 11:11:29 am
I like the curves of the river, you probably left similar tracks in the snow!
Title: Re: Something different
Post by: MattBurt on March 28, 2023, 02:08:51 pm
Matt,

Precious moments,.. captured and shared.

Thanks.

Thanks!

I like the curves of the river, you probably left similar tracks in the snow!

Yes, I probably did. That's the creek I frequent. Lots of nice bends and eddies to explore.
Thanks.
Title: Re: Something different
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 28, 2023, 07:35:00 pm
I wish I could teleport there with my skis!
Title: Re: Something different
Post by: MattBurt on March 30, 2023, 11:32:49 am
I wish I could teleport there with my skis!

When you get that figured out I'll give you a tour!