Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: dennmorr on March 06, 2023, 12:23:43 pm

Title: P6000 says clogged but test print is fine
Post by: dennmorr on March 06, 2023, 12:23:43 pm
I have had my p6000 for 2 1/2 years and it works great.  For the last month It has been doing a clean cycle on every start up. After that runs I get a message that a nozzle is still clogged. I then run a test print and it comes out perfect.  Is there anything I do to fix this? I assume I am using a lot of ink in the cleanings   
I ran used 7600's for years and got very familiar with how to keep them going. 
Dennis
Title: Re: P6000 says clogged but test print is fine
Post by: dgberg on March 06, 2023, 01:48:06 pm
We have 2 P8000, pretty much same as yours except 44"
First thing I would change is do not turn it off. No good reason to do that.
Auto cleaning setting to off. I always go by the actual nozzle check results.
We run a nozzle check before printing and if it is perfect we print, if not we run a clean.
 Sometimes after a clean the system may tell you it needs cleaning again but we disregard and always go by the nozzle check.
Title: Re: P6000 says clogged but test print is fine
Post by: dennmorr on March 06, 2023, 03:33:38 pm
Thanks! that was so easy I am a bit embarrassed.-
Dennis
Title: Re: P6000 says clogged but test print is fine
Post by: MfAlab on March 15, 2023, 01:55:40 am
Dan Berg is mostly right. But you might want to check the head and capping. If there was some dust or fluff on it, ink could accumulate near the nozzles.