Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: tsinsf on January 30, 2023, 12:40:45 pm
-
I think I have a basic misunderstanding about the "Save" function in Photoshop/Lightroom. After importing new RAW photos into LR, my workflow has been to open the photo as a Smart Object in Photoshop, make my edits, then "Save As" which creates a pixel based photo. I prefer to keep my edited photos separate from the original RAW photos. I am trying to understand the "Save" option in Photoshop/Lightroom. Normally after editing in PS I use Save As and create a pixel based photo that goes into a separate file folder (my choice). Instead, if I open a photo in Photoshop via Lightroom, and after editing choose "Save" instead of "Save As", I know that a PSD or Tiff will appear in Lightroom next to the original RAW photo. What I don't understand is what kind of file this new Tiff or PSD is. Does it only exist in the Lightroom Catalogue? Please help me understand. Thanks!!
-
https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=142025.msg1249751#msg1249751