Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on January 27, 2023, 12:19:27 pm

Title: Evening at the rocks
Post by: MattBurt on January 27, 2023, 12:19:27 pm
I took these on my skis at our local rec area, Hartman Rocks that's a great place for cycling and skiing, depending on conditions.
Right now skis, snowshoes, or fat bike are the only ways to get here.
First day out with a new lens, a 20-35mm for my GFX 50r. So far so good! Not too heavy to carry either which is nice for my style of shooting.
Temps were in the single digits when I got back to the car in the dark.

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52647495391_93470e4c31_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2odhbaM)

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52648208348_c2212a9be2_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2odkQ79)

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52647765104_aa3a9c19b5_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2odiym1)



Title: Re: Evening at the rocks
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 28, 2023, 09:53:26 am
A fine set, and I'm glad you didn't freeze.
Title: Re: Evening at the rocks
Post by: francois on January 29, 2023, 10:39:10 am
Well worth living in the cold weather!
Title: Re: Evening at the rocks
Post by: Leszek Piotrowski on January 30, 2023, 10:39:19 am
The third one is my favourite, nice rocks, sky, snow and stark tree,...
Title: Re: Evening at the rocks
Post by: MattBurt on January 30, 2023, 03:05:46 pm
A fine set, and I'm glad you didn't freeze.

Thanks! I was reasonably prepared for the cold.
"There's no such thing as bad weather, only unsuitable clothing" - Alfred Wainwright

Well worth living in the cold weather!

I think so!

The third one is my favourite, nice rocks, sky, snow and stark tree,...

Thank you! I think that's probably mine too.
Title: Re: Evening at the rocks
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 31, 2023, 02:57:58 am
Excellent set.