Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: PhilippPalada on January 22, 2023, 12:12:39 pm

Title: The cross near Rasinari
Post by: PhilippPalada on January 22, 2023, 12:12:39 pm
This is a place I visit every year to shoot it, I love that place, but in recent yers it becomes increasingly hard to return home with a good picture.

My location is a little building with a wooden cross inside, something typical for central Romania, this one here is near Rasinari, a village close to Sibiu.

When I visited it the first tim in 2012 or even earlier it was surrounded by fields of vegetables, some flowers, small-scale agriculture. But over time civilization comes closer in form of a natural gas metering station, ugly large buildings often without plaster or with strange colors. More and more garbage to be stamped out of the picture and so on. There was a moment I gave up. This winter I came early in the morning with super-wide-lens to give impression of space and used the correction/stamp tool of LR very intensively.

Interesting to see how the rendering of sensors even if from one camera producer has been developed over the years (and MP are now 3 times9.
Title: Re: The cross near Rasinari
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 22, 2023, 04:09:07 pm
That's a lovely set of images.
Well worth your repeat visits.
Title: Re: The cross near Rasinari
Post by: David Eckels on January 22, 2023, 05:50:16 pm
Beautifully executed.
Title: Re: The cross near Rasinari
Post by: francois on January 23, 2023, 04:36:27 am
Very nice and also different with the seasons. Your story is interesting but at the same time, disheartening.
Keep your determination, though.
Well done.
Title: Re: The cross near Rasinari
Post by: PhilippPalada on January 23, 2023, 04:57:40 am
Dear Eric, David, Francois,

thanks for your kind answers.
I consider another exercise: using the original dog-files and then equal post-processing with LR.

Philipp
Title: Re: The cross near Rasinari
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on January 24, 2023, 05:13:59 am
But over time civilization comes closer in form of a natural gas metering station, ugly large buildings often without plaster or with strange colors.

You mean what the philistines refer to as 'development.'

Enjoyed your photo series.
Title: Re: The cross near Rasinari
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 24, 2023, 07:02:42 am
Well done.
Title: Re: The cross near Rasinari
Post by: thierrylegros396 on January 27, 2023, 08:25:31 am
Very Nice Set, well done.

Thierry
Title: Re: The cross near Rasinari
Post by: MattBurt on January 27, 2023, 02:51:18 pm
Good stuff! I also get to see tings "develop" around here and it can be depressing!