Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Camera Raw Q&A => Topic started by: louismccullagh on January 21, 2023, 05:24:15 am

Title: ACR 3.3 comes up with latest Photoshop???
Post by: louismccullagh on January 21, 2023, 05:24:15 am
When I open old images taken with a canon 10D in camera raw it says in the PROFILE - ACR3.3 and in the Basic tools below shows the headings FILL LIGHT / RECOVERY. Yet when I open a Fuji X-H1 image it just says ADOBE COLOR in the PROFILE  and in the Basic tools below shows the headings HIGHLIGHTS / SHADOWS.

I presume ACR is using a different type of settings dependent on the camera used.

Does it make any difference to the quality of control in processing the images i.e. would it be better to be able to open the Canon 10D images in the same way the FUJI x-H1 images are opened?

Thank you for any comments which would help me better understand what is going on.
Title: Re: ACR 3.3 comes up with latest Photoshop???
Post by: Jonathan Cross on January 21, 2023, 07:17:30 am
With such images in LR, I right click on an image in the Develop module and under Settings click Update to current process version.  This gives me the sliders I normally use, and I am happy with the results.

Jonathan

Title: Re: ACR 3.3 comes up with latest Photoshop???
Post by: digitaldog on January 21, 2023, 10:14:43 am
It is the old Process Version which is sticky from the last used on (old) images. You have to leave it or update it, and if you update, the color appearance may change a bit.
Title: Re: ACR 3.3 comes up with latest Photoshop???
Post by: louismccullagh on January 22, 2023, 09:21:08 am
Hi Andrew again!

Can i change the process with a file opened in camera Raw? I do not know how to do this in any software.

Thank you again.

Louis

A fan from up to 15 years ago.
Title: Re: ACR 3.3 comes up with latest Photoshop???
Post by: digitaldog on January 22, 2023, 10:19:15 am
PV can be changed in ACR or Lightroom.
Title: Re: ACR 3.3 comes up with latest Photoshop???
Post by: mcbroomf on January 22, 2023, 02:14:05 pm
In ACR the PV is selected under Calibration
Title: Re: ACR 3.3 comes up with latest Photoshop???
Post by: Jonathan Cross on January 22, 2023, 02:34:15 pm
Hi Andrew again!

Can i change the process with a file opened in camera Raw? I do not know how to do this in any software.

Hello Louis
See my reply earlier in the thread as to how to do it in Lightroom; it is easy.

Jonathan



Title: Re: ACR 3.3 comes up with latest Photoshop???
Post by: digitaldog on January 22, 2023, 02:41:19 pm
Here's how to do so in ACR:
Title: Re: ACR 3.3 comes up with latest Photoshop??? THANKS.
Post by: louismccullagh on January 23, 2023, 05:27:24 am
Wow that is brilliant many thanks everyone especially to Andrew for that screenshot.