Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: SunsetMag on January 15, 2007, 12:34:54 am
-
Hello everyone, I am at my wits end with this printer and ready to chuck it in the garbage where I think it belongs at this point. I bought it a few weeks ago, and everything was fine until recently when it started printing 2 vertical lines, each about 1/4" wide about 1/4" apart roughly 4 inches from the left side. At first I thought they were roller marks, and cleaned the rollers well, and did the mod to put the offending (at least the ones I thought) rollers up and out of the way. No change.
I have run head cleaning and realignment and everything prints out fine. No nozzles clogged. The lines will sometimes start outside of the image area, through the image and sometimes a little beyond the end of the image. They vary from cyan and magenta to black, each color running for maybe a half an inch and then predominantly appearing cyan or black. I have physically cleaned the printer head using the coffee filter trick I found online, I have vacuumed, dusted wiped and cleaned everything possible. The lines always appear on the same area, I can watch them appear with the lid up, so I know it's not rollers.
I'm assuming at this point it's a bad head and I need to just write this off, stop the order on the Inkrepublic system and order a Canon Ipf5000, but just in case anyone here has seen this problem and might have some insight as to how to fix it without taking it to a service center I am posting my dilemma!
I have probably gone through 100$ worth of ink and paper to get this printer to work, and I am seriously one step away from smashing it with a hammer and never buying another Epson product again. Help!
tom
-
I might add that the lines, allthough vertical are composed of printed horizontal bands of ink.
-
Can you post a sample?
Rich
-
You need to figure out *very calmly* what is causing the lines.
I would a check to see that no contaminating material is caught inside the print channel.
And then, I wonder whether a software issue is not a possibility -
Try phoning Epson, they might have seen this before.
I don't want to say this too loudly seeing the problems you have, but -as printers go the Epsons are pretty predictable and reliable workhorses; apart from some that clog, they don't tend to fall sick.
Edmund
Can you post a sample?
Rich
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=95785\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
You need to figure out *very calmly* what is causing the lines.
Agreed. Man you sound like my wife though! ; )
I would a check to see that no contaminating material is caught inside the print channel.
What is considered the "print channel"? I have checked everywhere, I haven't seen this problem mentioned anywhere else, but it seems like if something was stuck on the print head it would be streaking across the width of the print, not just 2 lines running vertically through it.
And then, I wonder whether a software issue is not a possibility -
I'm print from CS2, Intel Powerbook, USB connection.
Try phoning Epson, they might have seen this before.
I will contact them probably tuesday seeing as how tomorrow is a holiday.
I don't want to say this too loudly seeing the problems you have, but -as printers go the Epsons are pretty predictable and reliable workhorses; apart from some that clog, they don't tend to fall sick.
Yeah, that's whats so frustrating about this.
Thanks for your input
tom
Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=95787\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]