Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: EvoM on January 14, 2007, 10:09:03 pm

Title: Z3100 and display printing
Post by: EvoM on January 14, 2007, 10:09:03 pm
We plan on using a Z3100 to replace our lab prints (Lambda) which I think it can do easily. Occasionally we get jobs for banners, point of sale display prints too. Would the Z3100 be okay for such work i.e. roll up banners on polyvinyl? I know a dye based printer would probably be best but if I can get the Z3100 on double duty that would be even better!

Anyone with any user experience?

Evo
Title: Z3100 and display printing
Post by: larryg on January 14, 2007, 10:33:18 pm
I use (on the Epson 7600)  both silk  banner (for indoors) and Canvas material for ourdoor banners.

The canvas looks great and wears well.  Life is about two months before it starts to look tarnished.

Lexjet is where I purchased the banner material   They also can sell you a free standing system to hang inside.

http://www.lexjet.com/lexjet/digital_photography.asp (http://www.lexjet.com/lexjet/digital_photography.asp)
I think this is the right site.

If this is what you are looking for and have a problem connect send me a pm and I will give you contact data

I am pleased with these products
Title: Z3100 and display printing
Post by: EvoM on January 14, 2007, 10:49:08 pm
thanks Larry. do you think the pigment inks on polvinyl would work? and also be able to withstand rolling up & down for say a floor standing banner? would it need laminating?

Evo
Title: Z3100 and display printing
Post by: larryg on January 14, 2007, 10:59:32 pm
I would not want to say for sure but call the rep But I would guess it would probably work fine.

I found a link to who I have been ordering from:


http://www.lexjet.com/lexjet/product_disp....MHJ4R8V2PPQ3GUC (http://www.lexjet.com/lexjet/product_disp.asp?dept%5Fid=171&pf%5Fid=IBANNER&mscssid=V9K6B6FWH0T48JPMBMHJ4R8V2PPQ3GUC)

Good luck


Larry
Title: Z3100 and display printing
Post by: larryg on January 14, 2007, 11:03:37 pm
Quote
thanks Larry. do you think the pigment inks on polvinyl would work? and also be able to withstand rolling up & down for say a floor standing banner? would it need laminating?

Evo
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=95770\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You need to roll with ink on outside not inside  (ink facing ink)

I have not laminated but??    I would think that would help it keep looking good for a much longer time.  

A rep will be able to give you a much better understanding of the do's and don'ts
Title: Z3100 and display printing
Post by: zirmedien on January 15, 2007, 02:16:32 am
I use the Z2100 as universal Printer for Photo and Banner/Displays. No Problem at all on Polyester, Canvas and Polypropylen-Film. Only on Vinyl Epson inks (9600) work better.
Title: Z3100 and display printing
Post by: EvoM on January 15, 2007, 02:40:52 am
Quote
I use the Z2100 as universal Printer for Photo and Banner/Displays. No Problem at all on Polyester, Canvas and Polypropylen-Film. Only on Vinyl Epson inks (9600) work better.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=95788\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Zirmedien, So no problem with print scratching or abrasion if used in a "roll-up" floor standing banner?

Evo
Title: Z3100 and display printing
Post by: zirmedien on January 15, 2007, 04:47:24 am
No Problem with polypropylen-film, only vinyl will be scratched.