Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: dreed on January 01, 2023, 02:06:50 pm

Title: Does Adobe detail what data it collects when you exit Lightroom?
Post by: dreed on January 01, 2023, 02:06:50 pm
I just noticed that after exiting Lightroom, a program called "LogTransport2" gets run. Ever curious, I put it into Google and found this:

https://www.tecklyfe.com/fix-logtransport2-error-on-shutdown-in-windows-10/

I've shut that little piece of privacy invasion off now, but I can't help but wonder, what data has Adobe been collecting? Do they spell it out anywhere?

That it gets run after I am done with LR makes me think that every click, rename, tag, etc, is somehow recorded and uploaded.
Title: Re: Does Adobe detail what data it collects when you exit Lightroom?
Post by: john beardsworth on January 01, 2023, 02:45:24 pm
Not the detail, as far as I've seen. The closest I've seen is in your account privacy settings (https://account.adobe.com/privacy) and this faq (https://www.adobe.com/privacy/app-usage-info-faq.html) - see the section "What usage information is collected and sent to Adobe and how does Adobe use it?"
Title: Re: Does Adobe detail what data it collects when you exit Lightroom?
Post by: dreed on January 02, 2023, 08:47:29 am
Not the detail, as far as I've seen. The closest I've seen is in your account privacy settings (https://account.adobe.com/privacy) and this faq (https://www.adobe.com/privacy/app-usage-info-faq.html) - see the section "What usage information is collected and sent to Adobe and how does Adobe use it?"

This:


Is pretty broad. For example, "Information about your content" could be read to mean that all the keywords you use in LR catalogues are sent to Adobe (they're not the document/picture, just metadata about the picture.)
Title: Re: Does Adobe detail what data it collects when you exit Lightroom?
Post by: john beardsworth on January 02, 2023, 01:25:45 pm
As I said, not the detail. I've not seen anything more precise, but I'm not too worried.