Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: narikin on December 20, 2022, 02:46:03 pm
-
Hi - anyone had experience of printing on very thin papers for a job I have upcoming?
Looking for paper options and/ or how to print them (Epson P20000)
Client wants very thin paper/ heavy tissue output, and I'm not sure what to suggest.
I floated some of the Japanese ones, but think those, with their visible fibers may not be the right route for them.
Plus those are very pricey in large 44" rolls, which this might end up being.
Any suggestions on what might work, and how to print on it - how do you even load very thin paper in roll form on an Epson?!
Thanks
-
Wrapping paper? HP and Canon make it.
I did not profile it and had to back off the ink to prevent buckling. But it was wrapping paper not fine art images.
-
Moab Kozo and Hahnemühle Rice Paper are both wonderful for fine art printing. Not sure if they'd fit your needs. The fiber is pretty much invisible, especially in the Hahnmühle, which is also the less expensive of the two. Not to say they're cheap! But you do get more paper on the roll because it's that much finer, 100 feet on the Hahnemühle rolls. Awagami, the Japanese company that makes Kozo for Moab, has even lighter versions, down to 30gsm.
The one thing I would note about printing is to reduce the suction on the paper when you first feed it in. Both companies have profiles and recommendations for other printer settings.
HTH
-
Thank you for the helpful pointers.
I'll check both these papers out after the holidays.