Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: andyptak on December 05, 2022, 01:32:55 pm

Title: Phase One Blue Ring lens on an older Mamiya 645DII??
Post by: andyptak on December 05, 2022, 01:32:55 pm
I have a Phase One 45mm which fits and works on my Mamiya perfectly. I just got a 40-80 Blue Ring zoom and everything except the AF is fine. I knew some incompatibility might be an issue but because the 45mm worked fine I thought I should be okay. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks.
Title: Re: Phase One Blue Ring lens on an older Mamiya 645DII??
Post by: Steve Hendrix on December 05, 2022, 03:22:13 pm
I have a Phase One 45mm which fits and works on my Mamiya perfectly. I just got a 40-80 Blue Ring zoom and everything except the AF is fine. I knew some incompatibility might be an issue but because the 45mm worked fine I thought I should be okay. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks.


Andy, if it is a leaf shutter lens and the Mamiya 645 is pre-DF/XF, it is not officially compatible. The ways in which it renders the incompatibility can vary.


Steve Hendrix/CI
Title: Re: Phase One Blue Ring lens on an older Mamiya 645DII??
Post by: andyptak on December 05, 2022, 04:22:48 pm
Thanks Steve. I had a feeling about that.