Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Balafre on November 22, 2022, 04:54:33 pm
-
Hello - I use a roll paper holder for P800 and roll of 310 GSM Canson Platine Fibre Rag. Platen gap increased to wide. System calibrated with a ColorMunki spectrophotometer and correct ICC profile installed. Within the Epson Printer Driver under Print Settings I nominate the Ultra Smooth Fine Art paper. Works well.
BUT the Epson driver won't allow fine art paper selection when using 310 GSM Canson Platine Fibre Rag as sheet paper (no matter what black ink is nominated). But it will work with Roll. *rats* What is the work-around here please?
Many Thanks!
Charles
-
Selectable media settings in the Epson printer driver depend on current pk/mk ink selection and paper path. Some media settings are only selectable when using the front load mechanism.
-
My memory is that Canson specifies Premium Luster as the media type for Platine Fiber Rag (I presume that is the paper you are refering to). Perhaps Premium Luster might make the Epson driver happy?
Mark G.
-
My memory is that Canson specifies Premium Luster as the media type for Platine Fiber Rag (I presume that is the paper you are refering to). Perhaps Premium Luster might make the Epson driver happy?
Mark G.
I've been printing Canson Platine with Piezography Pro in my P800 since late 2020 and haven't had a single issue when I use the specified Premium Luster as the media type. However, I use cut sheets rather than rolls.
-
My memory is that Canson specifies Premium Luster as the media type for Platine Fiber Rag (I presume that is the paper you are refering to). Perhaps Premium Luster might make the Epson driver happy?
Mark G.
Thank you and forgive my delayed response - you are right, they do - and then go on to advise that "settings may need to be adapted". I had hoped to find a shortcut .... they rarely seem to exist! As with so many things, multiple iterations from a fixed point are again essential to master a process. So be it :)
-
I've been printing Canson Platine with Piezography Pro in my P800 since late 2020 and haven't had a single issue when I use the specified Premium Luster as the media type. However, I use cut sheets rather than rolls.
Thank you - I can confirm that my multiple controlled iterations have proved this original advice correct! I appreciate if you're using PiezoPro you're probably printing in monochrome but for the record, Perceptual rendering delivered better colour depth and tone than Relative. :)