Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: vintola on January 13, 2007, 04:13:34 pm
-
We have here in Finland the saying that if You do something well (=of high quality), do it. If You don't know, how to do it, don't do it. The best printer AT THIS MOMENT is the HP z3100. Why to talk about the other printers? The situation may chenge after about six months, but let's live this day, eh?
-
We have here in Finland the saying that if You do something well (=of high quality), do it. If You don't know, how to do it, don't do it. The best printer AT THIS MOMENT is the HP z3100. Why to talk about the other printers? The situation may chenge after about six months, but let's live this day, eh?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=95538\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
What's the best camera AT THIS MOMENT? I trust you're not using anything less than this.
-
A good reason to "talk about" the other printers is that the z3100, superb as it may be, doesn't fit everybody's needs. For example, it doesn't fit my needs: I don't need a 24" printer, I don't need roll feed support, and I already have a spectrophotometer. Perhaps you are trying to express your enthusiasm about how good the z3100 is and how much you like it -- that's great. But keep in mind that just because it fits your needs, it doesn't fit everybody else's.
Eric
-
A good reason to "talk about" the other printers is that the z3100, superb as it may be, doesn't fit everybody's needs. For example, it doesn't fit my needs: I don't need a 24" printer, I don't need roll feed support, and I already have a spectrophotometer. Perhaps you are trying to express your enthusiasm about how good the z3100 is and how much you like it -- that's great. But keep in mind that just because it fits your needs, it doesn't fit everybody else's.
Eric
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=95558\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I didn't talk about everybody. I talked about professionals.
-
Thank you for the clarification. Somehow, I did not realize from your initial post that you were talking about professionals. Nonetheless, not all professionals have the same needs and requirements as you do. So -- forgive us -- we'll continue to discuss other printers here as well as the Z3100. I hope this doesn't bother you too much.
Eric
-
Thank you for the clarification. Somehow, I did not realize from your initial post that you were talking about professionals. Nonetheless, not all professionals have the same needs and requirements as you do. So -- forgive us -- we'll continue to discuss other printers here as well as the Z3100. I hope this doesn't bother you too much.
Eric
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=95598\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Eric. That doesn't bother me at all. I just often wonder about different discussion areas and the questions. If You check the technical specs and also use those in practice (printers, cameras, computers etc.) You will rather soon realize, which ones are the good ones and which are not.
-
It's not always a good business decision to buy a piece of equipment because it's "the best."
I know some studios that literally went under when they purchased drum scanners (and yes, printers) because they were "the best" at the time. Unfortunately, they were soon outperformed by much less expensive equipment, leaving those who had purchased "the best" to try to compete while still making rather large payments on outdated equipment.
Also, the z3100 hasn't been in use long enough to truly evaluate it.
That said, I may purchase a z3100, but the price of the ipf5000 is just a little too attractive right now, and it would probably suit my needs.
Giving it a little time to see if HP is going to offer any reductions, rebates or other incentives on the z3100. If they don't, my choice is easy: I'll go with the Canon ipf5000. Also hoping the ipf6000 will come in at a better price than the z3100.
-
We here have a saying. It goes this way... "Don't listen to the saying that people in Finland have." The Canon IPF will prove itself to be a better production machine for professionals (whatever that means) and those doing a high volume of prints than the HP. I want to talk about the IPF8000 because I have one sitting here in front of me. And yes it has more than twice the nozzles than the HP and prints faster and on thicker media. And yes my own custom profiles work great with it. And yes the ink cartridges are more than 5 times larger (I use the 700ml) so I don't have to switch them so much. And yes the cutter works great on 20 mil canvas EVERY time for me (zip, zip.) Oh, and yes the canon here in the US can be purchased for very close to half the price of the Z3100 (44") so that I can nearly quadrouple your output speed with two printers, while you go out of business... YES! Dont worry I don't even think we're competing for the same customers.
-Jonathan
We have here in Finland the saying that if You do something well (=of high quality), do it. If You don't know, how to do it, don't do it. The best printer AT THIS MOMENT is the HP z3100. Why to talk about the other printers? The situation may chenge after about six months, but let's live this day, eh?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=95538\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
What is this now ? Should somneone start, to list all the things there the canon is crap ? I mean sorry. Everyone needs diffrent things. I'll have both the Canon 5000 and the Z3100... I wouldn't like to swtich from the HP to another Canon... it has to many flaws, which are sooo f***** anyoing, but the same in the other hand. I wouldn't want to live without the Canon, especially for smaller sheet printing.
There is no PERFECT Printer...
Since than is nearly 5000 the half of 6000
We here have a saying. It goes this way... "Don't listen to the saying that people in Finland have." The Canon IPF will prove itself to be a better production machine for professionals (whatever that means) and those doing a high volume of prints than the HP. I want to talk about the IPF8000 because I have one sitting here in front of me. And yes it has more than twice the nozzles than the HP and prints faster and on thicker media. And yes my own custom profiles work great with it. And yes the ink cartridges are more than 5 times larger (I use the 700ml) so I don't have to switch them so much. And yes the cutter works great on 20 mil canvas EVERY time for me (zip, zip.) Oh, and yes the canon here in the US can be purchased for very close to half the price of the Z3100 (44") so that I can nearly quadrouple your output speed with two printers, while you go out of business... YES! Dont worry I don't even think we're competing for the same customers.
-Jonathan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=95637\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]