Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: deanwork on November 10, 2022, 01:23:31 pm
-
Does anyone know if it’s still possible to buy new parts from HP or elsewhere for a Z3200?
I need a new carriage unit.
I’m aware of LPS that sells refurbished parts. I use their belts.
John
-
Ebay
-
Try Wide Image Solutions (https://wideimagesolutions.com/)
They have lots of parts and they have a refurbished Z3200 with a 2 year warranty for $1499.00:
Z3200 (https://wideimagesolutions.com/products/q6718a-hp-designjet-z3200-24-in-photo-printer-recertified-2-years-warranty?keyword=z3200)
or one with a 90 day warranty for $1299.00
Tony
-
Thanks guys,
Lots of Z parts on EBay. Most of these carriage assembly pulled from printers and refurbished.
A ton of parts and boards from China generally refurbished , and quite a bit from US.
https://www.ebay.com/str/samamm2
quote author=tastar link=topic=141629.msg1247299#msg1247299 date=1668127406]
Try Wide Image Solutions (https://wideimagesolutions.com/)
They have lots of parts and they have a refurbished Z3200 with a 2 year warranty for $1499.00:
Z3200 (https://wideimagesolutions.com/products/q6718a-hp-designjet-z3200-24-in-photo-printer-recertified-2-years-warranty?keyword=z3200)
or one with a 90 day warranty for $1299.00
Tony
[/quote]
-
It looks like that z3200 is a 24" model.
I still have my like new 44" z3200 for sale that has just been lightly used as a backup. Print out shows less then 1000 sq. ft. of prints.
We just need the room for our s80600 in the climate controlled print room.
$1195 se Pa. 19540 Pick up only.
-
My 24" Z3200 just got a new lease on life. The service contract I had was to expire at the end of this year and I was initially told that I could not extend it for another year because that would go beyond its end of service life in Oct 2023. However, I had HP come over and do a fairly extensive refurbishment because I was getting ink drops on my prints. They replaced the service station (because excess ink from the service station was probably causing the ink drops), belt (because it was getting worn), carriage assembly, formatter (there seemed to be some problem with it), and power supply, all under the current service contract. All these parts were quickly shipped from HP, so parts seem to be readily available, but I don't know if you can buy the parts directly from HP or if a service tech has to order it when performing service on the printer. And then to top it off, I was able to extend my service contract for $799 until the end of 2023, even though that is technically 2 months past the end of service life. So I'm safe until the end of next year, and then after that see how long the printer still works outside of any warranty, or until ink and/or heads are no longer available.
-
I’ve always had great service from knowledgeable techs at HP. And unlike Epson, they don’t take all day to do things.
Hell you just replaced everything that could go wrong with Z. Not sure why you would need the addition service contract.
Did you get any indication how long they will be selling print heads and inks? That’s my main concern. I have a local guy who replaces any parts and so far there are lots of parts out there, espcially EBay.
John
My 24" Z3200 just got a new lease on life. The service contract I had was to expire at the end of this year and I was initially told that I could not extend it for another year because that would go beyond its end of service life in Oct 2023. However, I had HP come over and do a fairly extensive refurbishment because I was getting ink drops on my prints. They replaced the service station (because excess ink from the service station was probably causing the ink drops), belt (because it was getting worn), carriage assembly, formatter (there seemed to be some problem with it), and power supply, all under the current service contract. All these parts were quickly shipped from HP, so parts seem to be readily available, but I don't know if you can buy the parts directly from HP or if a service tech has to order it when performing service on the printer. And then to top it off, I was able to extend my service contract for $799 until the end of 2023, even though that is technically 2 months past the end of service life. So I'm safe until the end of next year, and then after that see how long the printer still works outside of any warranty, or until ink and/or heads are no longer available.
-
The tech didn't know how long inks and heads would be available, but he did give me a little bottle of oil for the carriage rail and an extra carriage bushing in case I needed it in the future in case HP's supplies ran out. I was lucky this time with my Z3200 in only needing service after having it for almost 5 years (I bought it at the beginning of 2018). My Z3100 had to have service, if I recall, 3 times during the 8 years I had it under warranty, mostly problems with the service station needing to be replaced, and one belt replacement. Then after that I had it for 2 additional years with no warranty until the second belt broke, and that was the end of it. My hope now is to keep the printer going through the end of next year under the current warranty, and then see how long it will go after that with no warranty (and also see how long the inks and heads are available). I use the printer only to print my own work, so it gets light use.
-
My Z3100 was bought like a year after they were introduced, 2007. Made in Malaysia. That’s 15 years! Only thing I’ve had to do is replace a couple of belts and the waste tank until the tech broke my carriage unit when replacing the last belt. Then he gave me a new one with new spectro etc. I’m using this one like crazy right now and it runs like new. Never gives me any trouble. It’s the perfect backup printer. Of course it’s slow but except for red gamut on matte papers it matches my Z3200 .
The Z3200 was made in China in 2016. So it’s 6 years old. It’s had one belt replacement and the belt just broke again and will be replaced next week. Now I only use the DuPont tevlar LPS belts with a lifetime warranty. As has been written here many times, the HP belts are junk and you have to tear the whole printer apart to replace them. I’m lucky to have a new independent tech to work on these because I never bought extended warranties.
https://www.lpscomputer.com/collections/designjet-z3200-parts/products/q6659-60175-designjet-z2100-z3100-z3200-44-size-carriage-belt
It’s too bad that HP didn’t just keep this design with improved sheet feeding and speed it up. The profile creation with big patch set is amazing on the older units.
John
The tech didn't know how long inks and heads would be available, but he did give me a little bottle of oil for the carriage rail and an extra carriage bushing in case I needed it in the future in case HP's supplies ran out. I was lucky this time with my Z3200 in only needing service after having it for almost 5 years (I bought it at the beginning of 2018). My Z3100 had to have service, if I recall, 3 times during the 8 years I had it under warranty, mostly problems with the service station needing to be replaced, and one belt replacement. Then after that I had it for 2 additional years with no warranty until the second belt broke, and that was the end of it. My hope now is to keep the printer going through the end of next year under the current warranty, and then see how long it will go after that with no warranty (and also see how long the inks and heads are available). I use the printer only to print my own work, so it gets light use.
-
Hi folks… sorry if this reply is out of order for a LuLa forum but I have a 24” z3200 available for parts, salvage, free to someone in the Denver/Colorado area who could use it. Bought in 2009 and used lightly over the years. I fried the printer head carriage doing something stupid while cleaning the cartridge contacts. I don’t want to have to ‘e-waste’ this thing. Seems a shame. Thanks, Phil