Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on November 06, 2022, 01:25:14 am

Title: Good light and sunset
Post by: MattBurt on November 06, 2022, 01:25:14 am
Made a quick trip to the creek before dinner tonight. I think it worked out pretty well!
Most of the day was gray and dull but the light broke through at just the right time.

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52480182481_5d240ee68d_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2nXuDSr)

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52480171096_b28836e228_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2nXuAu9)
Title: Re: Good light and sunset
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 07, 2022, 03:57:12 am
The first one is wonderful.
Title: Re: Good light and sunset
Post by: francois on November 07, 2022, 09:36:44 am
I like them both, of course but with the golden fields (against the blueish mountain), you really managed something special. The second shot, is also very pleasant with the fiery sky and the river reflection.
Title: Re: Good light and sunset
Post by: MattBurt on November 07, 2022, 12:07:22 pm
The first one is wonderful.

I like them both, of course but with the golden fields (against the blueish mountain), you really managed something special. The second shot, is also very pleasant with the fiery sky and the river reflection.

Thank you both! I really like the first as well. It was a surreal moment in person. A favorite type of light. I took images to focus stack but it was also kind of breezy and I can't get a clean stack so far with Photoshop. So it is what it is and I'm ok with it.

The sunset refection may be a little cliché but I can't help but grab some like this when I'm right there. Also with a great sunset there isn't typically any light on the landscape so I need something shiny in the foreground to maximize the sunset and add interest to what might otherwise just be dark.
Title: Re: Good light and sunset
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 08, 2022, 12:28:47 pm
Both quite lovely.
Title: Re: Good light and sunset
Post by: MattBurt on November 08, 2022, 01:58:03 pm
Both quite lovely.

Thanks Eric!
Title: Re: Good light and sunset
Post by: Bob_B on November 09, 2022, 08:00:31 am
Allow me to add my (albeit late) praise for both, and especially the first one with those rich golden hues.
Title: Re: Good light and sunset
Post by: MattBurt on November 09, 2022, 10:32:04 am
Allow me to add my (albeit late) praise for both, and especially the first one with those rich golden hues.

Thank you Bob! I had good fortune that evening. :)