Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: tsinsf on November 05, 2022, 10:03:43 pm

Title: Get rif of "-edit" when using Save As in Photoshop
Post by: tsinsf on November 05, 2022, 10:03:43 pm
I've spent at least an hour looking online and pouring over Preferences and can't figure out how to get rid of the appendage "-edit" when I use Save As. Can anybody help me?

Photoshop most recent version, Mac OS 12.6
Title: Re: Get rif of "-edit" when using Save As
Post by: Peano on November 05, 2022, 10:59:03 pm
how to get rid of the appendage "-edit" when I use Save As.

In what program?
Title: Re: Get rif of "-edit" when using Save As in Photoshop
Post by: jrsforums on November 06, 2022, 01:36:54 am
I’m guessing Lightroom Classic.

In LRC preferences
Title: Re: Get rif of "-edit" when using Save As in Photoshop
Post by: john beardsworth on November 06, 2022, 04:02:19 am
Assuming your starting point is Classic Lightroom - go to Preferences, External Editing, Edit Externally File Naming. Change the naming template to Filename or whatever you want.

Title: Re: Get rif of "-edit" when using Save As in Photoshop
Post by: digitaldog on November 06, 2022, 11:14:48 am
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/saving-images.html

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/quick-tips-learn-how-to-save-all-file-formats-from-photoshop-s-save-as-dialog/td-p/12933468
Title: Re: Get rif of "-edit" when using Save As in Photoshop
Post by: tsinsf on November 06, 2022, 01:42:24 pm
Thanks for the fix. Everytime there is a LR update it reverts back to -edit on my computer, and I forget how to fix it. I'm so glad there are other old guys with better memories than I!