Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Mark Nadler on October 27, 2022, 09:38:58 pm
-
I thought I would first share this experience. I recently left for Hawaii with my gear that includes a planned trip to NZ. When I arrived in Hawaii I realized I forgot all of my camera batteries. I went on Amazon Prime to order batteries and they refused to ship batteries to Hawaii. I then went to B&H and they also refused to ship batteries to Hawaii. On the entire Island of Oahu there is a single camera store with batteries for Nikon cameras but they are not Nikon brand batteries. I finally contacted Nikon and they shipped me the batteries I needed.
My question is how can Nikon ship batteries to Hawaii from Ohio -- in a plain box -- when Amazon and B&H are prohibited from doing so?
mark
-
I guess they use a boat; so you have to be patience ;)
-
Let's see if you get that shipment in time… ;) Fingers crossed!
-
Third party batteries would have been fine. All my second batteries are non-Nikon ones and never had a problem.
-
Third party batteries would have been fine. All my second batteries are non-Nikon ones and never had a problem.
I agree… Last spring, my Canon batteries were dead and Canon had nothing in stock in Europe. Finally, I ordered a couple of third-party batteries and they have been just fine. On top of that, they did cost 1/4 of the price of the originals.
-
Standard rules around the world that you can't send lithium batteries by air unless you carry them yourself.
I rebuild batteries Hasselblad, Elinchrom and Broncolor batteries but can only do it in Australia because you can't ship them anywhere.
Beware of third party batteries. With Canon anyway it checks the battery on power up and refuses to go if third party.
-
When I worked at a distributor of photographic equipment we could get licenses and/or permits to ship certain items like one or two aerosol cans or small amount of solvent based materials with specific carriers. Nikon may have special licenses and/or permits with carriers that permits them to ship with Lithium Ion batteries, which obviously, they do every day.