Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: smilem on October 27, 2022, 04:10:55 am

Title: Optimize profile does not work i1p 3.3/3.5
Post by: smilem on October 27, 2022, 04:10:55 am
Hello,

On windows 10, the Optimize profile does not work i1p 3.3/3.5

(https://i.postimg.cc/QtK5sz71/profilerbug.gif)
Title: Re: Optimize profile does not work i1p 3.3/3.5
Post by: Lessbones on October 27, 2022, 11:51:37 am
you need to open those options underneath and choose which one to use iirc...
Title: Re: Optimize profile does not work i1p 3.3/3.5
Post by: smilem on October 27, 2022, 01:39:32 pm
Well I can't select the profile. What options are you talking about?
First you select the profile in dropdown, then select other options. I select profile to be optimizes I made 2 of them. Then it simply is not selected.
The program i1Profiler shows it clearly in short animation I made.
Title: Re: Optimize profile does not work i1p 3.3/3.5
Post by: Doug Gray on October 27, 2022, 04:28:55 pm
Well I can't select the profile. What options are you talking about?
First you select the profile in dropdown, then select other options. I select profile to be optimizes I made 2 of them. Then it simply is not selected.
The program i1Profiler shows it clearly in short animation I made.

Did you make sure to include measurement data in the profiles you made? If not that would explain what's happening. I've made optimized profiles using i1profiler so it should work.  OTOH, I haven't found the optimizing process to improve profile performance much more than just more patches to start with.
Title: Re: Optimize profile does not work i1p 3.3/3.5
Post by: smilem on October 27, 2022, 04:42:06 pm
Quote
Did you make sure to include measurement data in the profiles you made?

Yes sure I did that. If the data not included i1 Profiler gives this error:

(https://i.postimg.cc/pV48py6t/profiler-error2.png)
Title: Re: Optimize profile does not work i1p 3.3/3.5
Post by: smilem on October 30, 2022, 05:18:24 pm
As expected, the stupid x-rite programmers removed support for CGATS txt files, the program only works with mxf
Now you need to have older versions to convert to mxf or patchtool etc.
Title: Re: Optimize profile does not work i1p 3.3/3.5
Post by: Doug Gray on October 30, 2022, 08:21:15 pm
As expected, the stupid x-rite programmers removed support for CGATS txt files, the program only works with mxf
Now you need to have older versions to convert to mxf or patchtool etc.

What problem are you having? I'm using the latest Windows i1Profiler and I only use CGATs txt files.
Title: Re: Optimize profile does not work i1p 3.3/3.5
Post by: smilem on November 02, 2022, 05:13:50 pm
Quote
What problem are you having? I'm using the latest Windows i1Profiler and I only use CGATs txt files.

Problems is in first post, in animation image it's quite clear that the profile does not load for optimizations, no errors given.
If I open txt CGATS in older version then save as mxf it works.

The new 3.5 i1Profiler does not ask for data source when loading txt CGATS files, older versions asks. They removed the older gen hardware support but why remove support for app to open older gen txt CGATS files?
Title: Re: Optimize profile does not work i1p 3.3/3.5
Post by: Doug Gray on November 03, 2022, 10:56:17 am
Problems is in first post, in animation image it's quite clear that the profile does not load for optimizations, no errors given.
If I open txt CGATS in older version then save as mxf it works.

The new 3.5 i1Profiler does not ask for data source when loading txt CGATS files, older versions asks. They removed the older gen hardware support but why remove support for app to open older gen txt CGATS files?

Odd. That's the same version I use. Perhaps it's some sort of licensing issue. I use a plugin key that dates back over 10 years to ProfileMaker 5 and it enables all functionality of i1profiler. Perhaps there's some limitation imposed by the spectro since they also provide the licensing stuff.
Title: Re: Optimize profile does not work i1p 3.3/3.5
Post by: Lessbones on November 03, 2022, 06:57:11 pm
are the profiles you're trying to optimize made in i1profiler in the first place?  I remember having random strange inconsistent errors like this when trying to optimize profiles before I decided that I wasn't getting appreciably better results using that feature.  i1 profiler especially loves to crap out if you ever have a measurement that reads as brighter than the "white" patch of a profile target (which can happen with fluorescent colors)