Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Mark Nadler on October 26, 2022, 11:05:59 pm

Title: A Manhattan Illusion
Post by: Mark Nadler on October 26, 2022, 11:05:59 pm
This is an image of a group of buildings in Manhattan, NYC.  Comments welcomed.

mark
Title: Re: A Manhattan Illusion
Post by: francois on October 27, 2022, 04:37:46 am
So many geometric details in that shot… Perfect in B&W, it's a very nice image.
I like it a lot.
Title: Re: A Manhattan Illusion
Post by: Dale Villeponteaux on October 27, 2022, 08:02:25 am
Two buildings, left and right, in front and one behind so
I suppose bending out is the illusion.

Regards,
Dale
Title: Re: A Manhattan Illusion
Post by: PeterAit on October 27, 2022, 11:50:39 am
This is an image of a group of buildings in Manhattan, NYC.  Comments welcomed.

mark

Excellent! Just the sort of shot I would like to take.
Title: Re: A Manhattan Illusion
Post by: Mark Nadler on October 27, 2022, 08:46:44 pm
Dale, the image has two optical illusion that give it a 3-D look.  The building on the left appears as a fold and the building on the right appears as either a fold or a crease.  Regardless, I posted the image because In thought it had a cool look.

francois and Peter, thanks for your kind words.

mark
Title: Re: A Manhattan Illusion
Post by: Bob_B on October 28, 2022, 07:39:04 am
+1. Another "I wish I had taken it" photo.