Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: PeterAit on October 14, 2022, 04:01:11 pm
-
I have this monitor and love it. I want to buy a second one but it is no longer available. What would be a good substitute in the 30 inch class?
-
I have this monitor and love it. I want to buy a second one but it is no longer available. What would be a good substitute in the 30 inch class?
Eizo?
https://www.eizoglobal.com/products/coloredge/index.html
-
I have this monitor and love it. I want to buy a second one but it is no longer available. What would be a good substitute in the 30 inch class?
I also like the 1600 x 2560 screen- i bought a second hand one - in my case an Eizo 303w
-
How about an Asus ProArt 32 inch display:
Asus ProArt 32 in. Display (https://www.asus.com/us/Displays-Desktops/Monitors/ProArt/ProArt-Display-PA329C/)
100% Adobe RGB, 3840X2160
$1,099.00
Tony
-
Wow. Specs look great for the Asus. I have two Viewsonic VP2785-4K that I love, but if I was in the market, I'd go for the Asus. (My Viewsonic are no longer made and have been replaced by something else.) I've always found the Eizo to be overpriced and under spec'd.
-
This part looks useful, I'd like to know if one can utilize this with custom (user) targets:
The ASUS ProArtâ„¢ Calibration Technology saves all color parameter profiles on the PA329C's internal scaler IC chip instead of the PC. This lets you connect PA329C to different devices without needing to continuously change existing settings. It also reduces the signal distortion between the IC and the LCD optical spectrum. The color profiles can be easily activated by using the hotkey on the monitor next time without a PC or calibrators
Can you change on the fly like SpectraView?
But if like my 16" Apple Retinal display, a true HDR unit, I'd be very interested.
The price seems a bit too good to be true, that's my only concern at this point.
-
Andrew, my Viewsonic do a similar thing. I can calibrate my monitors and save them to one of three custom profiles (CAL1, CAL2, CAL3) that are saved directly on the monitor on the monitor as well as the computer. I imagine the Asus is set up in a similar fashion.
-
Andrew, my Viewsonic do a similar thing. I can calibrate my monitors and save them to one of three custom profiles (CAL1, CAL2, CAL3) that are saved directly on the monitor on the monitor as well as the computer. I imagine the Asus is set up in a similar fashion.
Only three?
And so it loads the calibration into the panel and loads the correct ICC profile for the OS and applications?
-
There are standard, factory-developed profiles and then the ones you can do yourself with i1, etc. The Viewsonic uses its own calibration software to load the profile into the monitor as well as save to the computer. For instance, the AdobeRGB profile uses a maximum brightness of 160. But, I prefer to use 200, or even 250, I can save those to the Cal1 ro Cal2, etc. and switch on the fly depending upon work. In reality, I don't switch around very often, but I have on occasion depending upon the need. An then there's also "Custom" which I'm currently using since I used i1 Profiler the last time.