Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on October 07, 2022, 01:27:28 pm

Title: Wrong drainage
Post by: MattBurt on October 07, 2022, 01:27:28 pm
I went out last night after a family portrait session I was planning on doing got cancelled. There was an interesting storm cell I was watching and tried to put myself where it was headed around sunset. Unfortunately for me it stalled out and I wound up in the wrong drainage for a good shot of the big cell. I got a shot of part of it on the way at a little roadside overlook I frequent in the first shot below. The second shot worked out pretty well with that rain curtain getting some sunset light using my old 645 300mm lens on the 50r.
So I didn't get what I was specifically trying for but I felt like the contingency shots worked out ok too. 

Ohio Creek Valley
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52409461542_aebb111ef7_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2nRfbZU)

Mt. Henry
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52410252019_8161708961_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2nRjeYP)
Title: Re: Wrong drainage
Post by: Mark Nadler on October 07, 2022, 07:49:02 pm
Love the second image.

mark
Title: Re: Wrong drainage
Post by: Bob_B on October 08, 2022, 07:08:30 am
Love the second image.

mark
Me too.
Title: Re: Wrong drainage
Post by: francois on October 10, 2022, 09:09:11 am
The second is stunning with those colored clouds in the sky!
Title: Re: Wrong drainage
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 10, 2022, 09:31:11 am
Wonderful scenery.