Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Beginner's Questions => Topic started by: haring on October 06, 2022, 07:34:26 pm

Title: 100 portraits with names recorded - how to do, help!
Post by: haring on October 06, 2022, 07:34:26 pm


I have a project I am going to work on this week.
At the beginning of a conference I need to take photos of couples/guests AND record their names. Next day I need to print the photos and mark them with the couples/guests names.

I am planning to take the photos, and:

    have a blank sheet and i will ask them to fill in their names one after other, and
    record a video of the whole portrait session (2hours) including audio where I also voice record their names and the photos I take.

Have you ever done something like this? I was thinking to record audio to the camera file but I have never done this before. I have a 5D mark Iv and a Canon r5. Is this a proper way to ensure all photos are assigned with the right photos? I just don't want to mix up the names and assign the wrong name to the photo.
Title: Re: 100 portraits with names recorded - how to do, help!
Post by: Chris_Brown on October 06, 2022, 08:23:27 pm
I bring a small dry erase board (~10"x12"), have them clearly write their names on it, take one pic with the board and a few without.

Title: Re: 100 portraits with names recorded - how to do, help!
Post by: haring on October 06, 2022, 08:27:55 pm
I bring a small dry erase board (~10"x12"), have them clearly write their names on it, take one pic with the board and a few without.

This is why I love this forum. you are guys priceless.