Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Dave Gurtcheff on September 23, 2022, 02:42:38 pm
-
Sony A7RIV. First image 12-24mm lens at 12mm, ISO 400, f16, 1/500 sec. Second image 100-400mm lens at 107mm ISO 400, f14 hand held with monopod. Fuji Velvia 50 film emulation applied for extra "pop". I am 85 and having fun in my retirement years. Thanks for looking.
Dave in NJ
-
These are two nice photos. The first one, the beach shot, has some "weird" iridescence and it's probably a consequence of the 12mm lens you used. It doesn't bother me at all. The second one is more classic and I like the vivid colors of the different elements…
Keep having fun and thanks for sharing.
-
The second one is a real knockout.
-
Thanks for the replies. Yes, the first one does have a strange iridescence, not sure why.
Dave
-
Here is another new one, this one with a Fugi GFX 100S and 23mm lens at f14, ISO 400.
Dave in NJ
-
That, too, is a real beauty!
-
That, too, is a real beauty!
Thank you Eric. I went to your web site, and your work is beautiful. You are much more diverse than I am; most of my work is seascapes. I, too, started in photography as a young man. I built my first darkroom in 1959 in the atic of a rental apartment we went to housekeeping in. I used an Omega Super B, 2 1/4x2 1/4 Omega enlarger. By 1960 I was making 16"x20" color prints using color negative film and "Kodak Color Print Material Type C", processed in Kodak P122 chemicals. I used a 16"x20" tray floated in a 20"x24" tray, with tempered developer in it, which had a tropical fish heater in it to keep the chemical temperature correct. The heater had tape around it so the glow would not fog the paper. Rubber gloves were required. I also, like you, went through various camera systems, from Leicas, Hasselblads, etc.
My web site was designed and built by me, and also maintained by me so it is not fancy. The folks on this site are real gentlemen and ladies.
Best to all here.
Dave Gurtcheff, Beach Haven, NJ
Www.modernpictorials.com
-
That, too, is a real beauty!
I can't say it better…
Bravo.