Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: David Eckels on September 17, 2022, 02:35:12 pm

Title: London Morning
Post by: David Eckels on September 17, 2022, 02:35:12 pm
With iPhone 11 using Halide camera to make dng file.
Title: Re: London Morning
Post by: Mark Nadler on September 17, 2022, 03:48:50 pm
Hi, David.  The curtains appear to be red velvet.  Am I correct?  if I am correct I think removing some of their shadow and showing more of their color would enhance
this image.  I might even consider doing a similar thing for the chairs.  The whites, grays, and greens of the rest of the image I think complement red.  Just a suggestion.

mark
Title: Re: London Morning
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 19, 2022, 10:22:19 am
I like this. Very elegant.
Title: Re: London Morning
Post by: David Eckels on September 19, 2022, 10:53:10 am
Thank you, Eric.
Mark, I take your point. In the original capture the reddish and yellowish tones inside the room were quite obvious, but I had considered a B/W rendering. My dilemma occurred when I found that I liked the toned down interior, but not what it did to the greens and yellows of the leaves outside. I was also mindful of Peter Fiore's suggestion of deeper value in B/W images, and thought I'd give that a whack to see if I could draw the eye out into the garden through the window. I viewed all the interior, particularly the dark and light curtains as accents and the chairs and table creating a central focus from which to lift the eye. Anyway, this was my rationale as I processed it. That's not to say the fuller color image was unattractive, it's just that I liked this one a little better and why I decided to post it in the UC section because the image was a little out of my bailiwick. Appreciate your comments very much. Thank you.
Title: Re: London Morning
Post by: Mark Nadler on September 19, 2022, 04:08:44 pm
David, yeah, I get completely what you are saying.  Your comments made me realize that the way you developed the image does draw me outside.  Coloring the image the way I suggested trying would definitely make it into an interior shot. 

mark