Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: haring on September 15, 2022, 11:14:17 pm

Title: Lightroom Catalog gets corrupted when I swap SSD into my other editing computer.
Post by: haring on September 15, 2022, 11:14:17 pm
I have 2 identical computers with the same Lightroom running on them.

I usually work on my home computer editing wedding photos in the morning. When I need to go to the office I take my editing SSD drive with me and istall it into my other PC. This is not an external SSD but a regular secondary drive I insert into the computer and close the housing.

Every time I swap the SSD drive the Lightroom catalog gets corrupted. The backup copy works so I use that all the time but the main catalog is corrupted.

My question: Why does it create a problem that I remove the SSD and insert it into another computer? Both computers has the same processor, motherboard, etc. I make sure I completely shut down the computer before I remove the drive.

Any ideas????
Title: Re: Lightroom Catalog gets corrupted when I swap SSD into my other editing computer.
Post by: Chris Kern on September 16, 2022, 10:28:21 am
Every time I swap the SSD drive the Lightroom catalog gets corrupted. The backup copy works so I use that all the time but the main catalog is corrupted.

Are you terminating the Lightroom process before you relocate the drive?
Title: Re: Lightroom Catalog gets corrupted when I swap SSD into my other editing computer.
Post by: mcbroomf on September 16, 2022, 12:40:25 pm
What do you mean by corrupted? 
Screen capture of the message?

Is this new or always happened?

Are all the LR sub-folders within the LR folder?

Do the images go with the SSD or are they elsewhere?