Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: James Clark on September 08, 2022, 03:26:32 pm

Title: A Quick Visit to Glacier National Park
Post by: James Clark on September 08, 2022, 03:26:32 pm
Like for just a few hours :)  We were at a friend's wedding in Whitefish, and I managed to sneak away for just a couple of hours one morning.  There's one more shot that I think might be special, but still contemplating that one...

Title: Re: A Quick Visit to Glacier National Park
Post by: francois on September 09, 2022, 10:02:57 am
I like the hazy mood… Wonderful shots.
Title: Re: A Quick Visit to Glacier National Park
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on September 10, 2022, 10:18:59 am
(I know this is not a critique section, "but since you are my friend, I'll kill you for free"* ;))

The gray waterfall water bothers me.



* paraphrasing the old joke: "Amigo, I kill people for money..."
Title: Re: A Quick Visit to Glacier National Park
Post by: James Clark on September 12, 2022, 05:54:02 pm
(I know this is not a critique section, "but since you are my friend, I'll kill you for free"* ;))

The gray waterfall water bothers me.



* paraphrasing the old joke: "Amigo, I kill people for money..."

No worries - not sensitive about feedback - you know that :)

Quick edit with more pure white. Thoughts?
Title: Re: A Quick Visit to Glacier National Park
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on September 12, 2022, 05:58:21 pm
... Quick edit with more pure white. Thoughts?

Better.

As a side note, I noticed as of lately that Auto settings in LR tend to dramatically overdo highlight reduction. I then have to manually adjust and back off a lot.
Title: Re: A Quick Visit to Glacier National Park
Post by: degrub on September 12, 2022, 08:37:56 pm
a little too much pink cast in the rocks ?
or is that the character  ?
Title: Re: A Quick Visit to Glacier National Park
Post by: James Clark on September 15, 2022, 10:12:18 am
a little too much pink cast in the rocks ?
or is that the character  ?

No, I think you're right.  I'll need to go back and have another look again ;)