Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Mark Nadler on August 31, 2022, 06:17:14 pm

Title: Ohio Barn Scene
Post by: Mark Nadler on August 31, 2022, 06:17:14 pm
All forms of comment are welcomed.

mark
Title: Re: Ohio Barn Scene
Post by: langier on August 31, 2022, 07:30:26 pm
Well done!

Good light, good image composition and crafting. Shows the barn in its contextual environment which to me tells a better story than just a tight crop of another barn.
Title: Re: Ohio Barn Scene
Post by: francois on September 01, 2022, 04:03:16 am
That's life on the countryside… Simple, clean but as said above, there's a story in this shot.
Title: Re: Ohio Barn Scene
Post by: Mark Nadler on September 01, 2022, 01:32:21 pm
langier, thanks for the comment.  That is why I titled it a barn scene.

francois, most of my photography is done in rural Ohio.  My wife (birder) and I always eat in rural restaurants not so much for the quality of the food, but just to meet local people.  Most of the time when you go into these restaurants almost no one has their head buried in a cell phone.  People are talking, arguing, fighting, laughing, and whatever else humans like to do each others company.  Please do not interpret what I just wrote as arguing that life is perfect in rural Ohio.  It is not. 

mark
Title: Re: Ohio Barn Scene
Post by: MattBurt on September 02, 2022, 01:08:44 am
Nice image! I grew up in SE Michigan and have driven around Ohio a bit too. Takes me back.
Title: Re: Ohio Barn Scene
Post by: francois on September 02, 2022, 05:48:11 am
langier, thanks for the comment.  That is why I titled it a barn scene.

francois, most of my photography is done in rural Ohio.  My wife (birder) and I always eat in rural restaurants not so much for the quality of the food, but just to meet local people.  Most of the time when you go into these restaurants almost no one has their head buried in a cell phone.  People are talking, arguing, fighting, laughing, and whatever else humans like to do each others company.  Please do not interpret what I just wrote as arguing that life is perfect in rural Ohio.  It is not. 

mark

Mark,
Many thanks for the additional information. I enjoy this type of photography and I know that no place is perfect  :D
Title: Re: Ohio Barn Scene
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 03, 2022, 07:55:49 pm
Nice. Very bucolic.
Title: Re: Ohio Barn Scene
Post by: Mark Nadler on September 04, 2022, 12:12:18 pm
Eric, thank you for your comment. 

mark
Title: Re: Ohio Barn Scene
Post by: John R on September 04, 2022, 04:07:18 pm
Nice. Very bucolic.
Ditto

JMR
Title: Re: Ohio Barn Scene
Post by: Mark Nadler on September 05, 2022, 12:14:53 pm
MattBurt, I recently purchased an off road camper and Michigan is on my trip calendar.  Ohio has a lot of great farm scenery; especially, if you like the geometry of agricultural structures.

Thanks John R.

mark