Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: kevs on August 30, 2022, 01:56:39 pm

Title: How get old filter into filter menu? Photoshop 2022
Post by: kevs on August 30, 2022, 01:56:39 pm
I have an older filter, it's in a folder, and it works.. (as standalone) . I cannot get it into filter menu. I've dropped the folder into a few places, no luck. Is there a definitive place to drop this is anymore with PS 2022? thanks.


It used to show up in filter list, -- the current version (which may buy, still deciding trial) , is automatically in filter list),
Title: Re: How get old filter into filter menu? Photoshop 2022
Post by: digitaldog on August 30, 2022, 02:56:29 pm
On my Mac: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2022/Plug-Ins.
If really old, it is possible it will no longer work with a modern version of Photoshop! You may need to go directly to the plug-in manufacturer.
Title: Re: How get old filter into filter menu? Photoshop 2022
Post by: fdisilvestro on August 30, 2022, 04:42:59 pm
On Windows it is a similar path:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Plug-ins\

For example I still use the old version of Nik filters, and they are located in:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Plug-ins\Google

Attached is an image on how they show in the file explorer

Title: Re: How get old filter into filter menu? Photoshop 2022
Post by: TheNinth on August 31, 2022, 05:12:49 am
Here a guide to finding the right directory:

https://learn-photoshop.club/resources/free-tutorials/photoshop-plugins-are-stored-location/

On my system with Creative Cloud I put them here, that worked as well for the Google NIK Collection:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\
Title: Re: How get old filter into filter menu? Photoshop 2022
Post by: kevs on August 31, 2022, 02:36:41 pm
Thanks guys, I'm on Mac.
Going to be doing a clean install, soon, just discovered have to do. So pick this up  in week, and report back if issue..

BTW email notification having issue on this site.